Stay

Chapter 16

------------

"I have to go see her again tonight." -"Tonight?!" Scarlett looked really worried. -"Yes and I don't know what I will have to do this time, but I don't think it will be less hard and cruel than before. Maybe even worse.." Draco was looking at the ground. He really didn't want to go, but he had no choice.

"What.." Scarlett didn't know how to ask him. "What happened the other time?" -"What do you mean?" Scarlett hesitated. "Well... When I found you and your hands were..." -"Oh, that time." -"You don't have to tell me if-" -"No, I want to tell you." He took a deep breath. "Okay, so... I had to hurt someone." -"Someone? Who?" Scarlett interrupted. "Just someone Bellatrix chose. I didn't know him, but he is in Hogwarts as well. She told me to crucio him and use some other spells on him. Similar ones. But I refused, so she first used crucio on him herself.. And then, she told me why she had chosen that guy. She said she chose him for a reason. He ought to be a terrible person. She told me that he was a murderer, that he betrayed all of his friends and that he had raped a lot of girls and that... you would be next. I got so mad and hit him by crucio several times and I even started to punch and kick him. He fought back, and yeah... Bellatrix said I had to kill him, but I still refused, so she killed him herself. Right before my eyes. And the worst of all... It was all a lie... It was just a normal guy. She just chose him at random. She just stood there laughing and telling me I did well with the crucio and stuff. And that it would only be a matter of time for me to be ready to... to murder someone." -"Hey! That's not true! You know how good she is at manipulating people! You can't believe her, Draco. You are no assassin."

It was almost midnight and both Draco and Scarlett were still awake. They hadn't been talking. They had just been cuddling the whole time. "I have to leave. It's time." -"No, please stay with me. Don't go." -"Scarlett... You know I have to." -" You don't have to. You have to stay with me, your girlfriend." Draco didn't know what to do. He was looking from Scarlett to the door and back. "Please, Draco. I want you to stay." She was holding his hand and stroke it softly. He hesitated, but laid back down eventually. "Okay, I'll stay" he said and kissed her.