~Chapter 3~

After hearing Shinso's request, I accepted. The idea seemed new to me but if anyone was nervous it seemed to be him.

But how much could I tell over texting?

I arrived at his house the next day, surprised I actually remembered where he lives. But if I could find my way home, why couldn't of I found my way back?

I knocked on his door and heard footsteps approaching. It swung open revealing Shinso. He was wearing casual black sweatpants along with a muscle shirt. His hair was messier than I remembered and until now I hadn't realized his hair and eyes were the exact same shade of indigo.

"Hey," I greeted with a small wave. I was wearing grey athletic shorts and a light green t-shirt with a logo on it.

"Hi," Shinso replied and stepped aside to let me in. "We'll be practicing in the backyard, it's pretty spacious."

"Okay," I smiled and rubbed my hands together in excited anticipation as I entered the house. I glanced over to the couch and a small feeling of Deja Vu washed over me. "Ready to start?"

Shinso let out a dry chuckle paired with a humorless smile that didn't reach his eyes, "I don't know why you're so excited, you're trying not to be brainwashed."

"I know," I shrugged, "but I will also be able to use my quirk, and besides, brainwashing is pretty cool power. I can see why you want to be a hero."

He seemed to perk up, "Thanks," his words were short and had a blunt edge to them, but something in his voice told me that he meant it. "Let's head to the backyard then."

I let out a smirk, "Alright."

I followed him to the sliding glass door and we walked out of the house. His backyard was pretty bland. There were some corn fields about a mile away and a few tress scattered around the area. There was a small fire pit with three chairs placed around it with a small picnic bench a few feet away.

"So do I get to know how your quirk works before we start?" I questioned as I stretched my arms a little.

Over text he said he wanted to practice his quirk on someone but none of classmates wanted to. Shinso didn't give a reason but it wasn't any of my business anyway. However, he never really specified if he would just be practicing his quirk or we would actually be sparring. I hoped it was only the first option, I wasn't a fighter was I was calm.

"Nope," he gave a ghost of a smile, "It's part of the fun."

I gave him a smirk, "That does sound fun," Shinso grew a small grin on his face at my words but it didn't last long. "So are we sparring or just practicing your quirk?"

"I didn't take you for a fighter," Shinso replied, "So I figured I would just be working on my quirk," he a sly smile, "unless you want to fight me."

"I can't fight unless I'm mad," I laugh, "so let's just stick to the quirk."

Shinso didn't drop his sly grin, "But if I do make you mad..." he trailed off as I narrowed my eyes, "So far it doesn't seem that difficult."

"I have incredible patience, thanks for asking," I retorted in a somewhat mock sarcastic tone, but when his smile grew I knew he could see through my bluff.

"Do you now?" Shinso asked in a taunting manner that made me want to snap at him.

I took a deep breath, his quirk was brainwashing, so was he doing something to make me feel this angry? Maybe not, Shinso does seem to have a way with words.

"Yeah, I do," I was going to continue but I felt as though my body wasn't my own anymore.

It was like I was floating inside of myself, I could see what I was doing, I could feel everything just fine, but I couldn't control myself. The feeling was unsettling but fascinating all at the same time.