~Chapter 12~

Shinso did not look happy when Hideyo pulled into his driveway that following Saturday. I could see his eye roll as he left the house before making his way over.

It was obvious he had never been to a party before since he was wearing black sweatpants and a normal white muscle shirt. Now that I thought about it, it was what he always wore whenever we hung out. My observation begged the question, does this dude ever change?

(He does but the author just likes the idea of Shinso in a muscle shirt... I'll go back to my corner now.)

The answer was probably yes, he seemed too organized and cleanly to never change, but I still found it amusing.

"Hey, Shinso," I greeted as he got in the car.

My cold was leaving, only leaving me with a few untimely voice cracks and sneezes here and there.

I could see him trying to hold in a groan, "Hello."

"So you're, Shinso?" Hideyo asked and it hit me, She's going to embarrass me. "I've been wanting to meet the guy (Y/N) been talking so much about."

The comment was enough to make me send her a glare but she just smiled and sent an amused wink in a response.

I didn't say anything because at this point I could only make it worse for myself. Besides, if I showed her I was embarrassed then she would only do it again.

"Is that so?" I could hear the arrogance in his tone, hell, I could almost smell the arrogance.

"Yeah, cause we have nothing better to talk about," I replied sarcastically, hoping some dry humor would save me.

I shot a look at Hideyo again, she managed to get him to convey an emotion besides annoyance in record time. It took me longer than that, but to be fair, I was hungover and woke up in a stranger's house.

"So you go to UA?" Hideyo asked, which seemed like an innocent attempt at a conversation, but I knew where she was going with it.

"Yeah," his gaze shifted to me and I watched him in the rearview mirror curiously, what snarky thing could he say now, "Watch the Sports Festival?"

"Yup, too bad you got out to that green haired kid," I teased and he glared at me through the mirror. It didn't seem like a joking glare, it took me longer than it should've to realize I struck a nerve.

"Yeah, it was cool and all that... but," Hideyo slowed the car to a stop as the light turned red. The perfect moment for her to turn around and give him her infamous smile, "Got any friends? Like, guy friends."

I smacked her arm, "You're dating Tony."

"I'm keeping my options open," she shrugged, giving me a flick in return. Hideyo turned just in time to press the gas.

I shot her a dirty look that was only half joking, "Cheating it pretty scummy."

"I wasn't serious, you know that," she glanced back at Shinso, "But I am serious about that friends thing."

"No body you would want to talk to," he replied illusively. I wasn't sure if he was being transparent because my comment upset him or because he was just being himself.

In the end I chalked it up to both.

"I'm a pretty social person," Hideyo replied, swerving a little to miss a squirrel. "Try me."

He rolled his eyes, "He's an idiot."

"I love idiots, they make me feel smart," she shot back, "At least tell me his name."