~Chapter 9~

I arrived at the roller rink after my mom offered to drop me off. Something she never does, she really must feel bad for me.

When I walk in I text Shinso that I was there. Almost immediately he replied to look to my left.

I do and find that he was already sitting on the bench outside of the rink. "Hey," I greet. I give him a genuine smile, it had been a week or two since I've last seen him.

"Hi, where's the pass?" He asked and I dig in my pocket before handing it to him.

"Are you excited for the sports festival?" My attempt of trying to start a conversation is obvious but he doesn't seem to mind.

"Yeah," he responded, "If I do good enough I could get moved into the hero course instead of general education."

I nod, "It's still gotta be pretty cool going to UA. I've never had much interest in becoming a hero but I still think they're amazing."

Shinso shrugs, "I guess they are."

We made it to the counter where we grab our roller blades and hand in our passes. After giving each one to the man we start putting on the blades.

There are a a lot of other people out there, after all it's a Saturday afternoon. I scanned the crowd for people I knew and many faces from school popped out. I just hope they don't want to talk.

Usually I'm down for a good conversation, even if it is with a stranger, but today I need a mental break. Maybe Shinso was a good choice, it's not like he'll be pestering me about Reo like Hideyo might be.

"Are you good at roller blading?" Shinso's voice cut through my thoughts and my head snapped towards him.

"I don't know, I haven't gone in a while but I have fairly decent balance," I replied, "What about you?"

"I've never roller skated before," he says and shakily stands up. Once he gets his balance he skates across the carpet in a first attempt and does pretty good. He doesn't wobble or shake, it looks like he's been skating at least a few times before but I'll take his word for it.

"Really?" I ask I start to get to my feet. I use the bench to balance myself and I almost fall a few times, "You seem pretty decent to me."

"I did one thing and it was on the carpet," he pointed out, "I'm sure hard wood will be very different."

I glanced over there just in time to see this girl fall on her but, "Yeah, but in a way it's easier. Less effort to get going."

"Then let's go try it out," Shinso said, making his was over to the roller rink. He stumbles a tad when he gets onto the wood but it's hardly noticeable.

I on the other hand grab onto the wall for dear life after loosing my footing completely. "I think out of the two of us you're better," I said as I use my arms to pull myself back onto my feet.

"I mean I can ice skate fairly decent," he commented and I realized how horrible I'm going to look compared to him.

"Yeah well that'll make a difference won't it?" I asked. I wobble a little when I first push off but it get progressively easier. I think I'm doing pretty good when this one kid came zooming past and knocked me over. However he managed to keep going despite running into me even if he stumbled just a tad. "Little bitch." I mutter.

I looked up when I heard Shinso chuckling.

"What?" I asked as I struggled to get footing to get myself up. I began to consider butt scooting across the floor and to the wall.

"Nothing, just reminds me of a show I used to watch," he commented.

"What show?" I gave him an unimpressed look, prepared for it to be a dumb answer.