~Chapter 26~

I walked into Hideyo's room, not bothering to knock. I was too excited to have my best friend back. As soon as I entered I was greeted with a glare and an eye roll, but that was expected.

"I have proof that Tony's a scum," I spoke first, sitting on the edge of her bed and pulling up our conversation once again.

She scoffed, "What, a fake text message chain?"

"Check the number, it's authentic," I pulled up Tony's contact and showed his number. I didn't think she would even spare a glance but she pulled out her phone and compared the numbers.

She let out another scoff, "You know he's just messing with you, you can't believe everything he says."

I locked eyes with her and raised my eyebrow, "Say that again, but slower."

"Get out of my room," Hideyo demanded, "I know what I should and shouldn't believe, I don't need you babysitting me!"

"I didn't even show you what he said!" I pulled up the conversation and tried to hand her my phone but she shoved it back at me. "He admitted to everything! Shouldn't you get all the facts before you decide what you should and shouldn't believe."

"I don't believe bullshit," she spat, pushing me off her bed, "He's just saying bullshit to you to get you worked up! And now you're trying to bullshit me."

"I don't have to, you're bullshitting yourself," I said, I took a deep breath trying to control my anger. "All I want is my best friend back."

"You should've thought of that before," Hideyo crossed her arms stubbornly.

"Before what? Tony spiked my drink and got you to blame me for it?" I turned off my phone and shoved it in my pocket. "You know what, maybe he is bullshitting me, but the police won't look at it that way. A confession is a confession and he tried to assault me either way. So you'll have to find someone else to manipulate you because clearly you can't think for yourself."

She tried to speak to defend herself but I already slammed the door to her room. I walked back downstairs and looked at her mom. I shook my head and her mom gave me a frown, "It was worth a shot, hun," she tried to console but it wasn't. She was never going to believe me.

"She can keep believing Tony, this could just happen again, this is already the second time," I reasoned, more with myself than with Mrs. Watanabe. It was time to let go of Hideyo and I ever becoming friends again.

She sighed, "Don't say things you don't mean, and if you guys don't become friends again, it must've been for the better."

"Yeah," I nodded with a forced smile, "Thanks for you're time, Mrs. Watanabe."

"Feel free to come over whenever you please," she offered, "Just because you and Hideyo aren't on good terms doesn't mean I don't like you any less."

"Thanks," I said again. I closed their door behind me and was grateful their dog wasn't out.

I already knew where I was headed next, out to the house in the country with a white cat that wandered freely.

It was a ten minute walk but it was worth it, even though it was chilly with the sun setting. I spotted the grey house as soon as I got over the hill and smiled to myself.

It didn't take me long to go to the front door and knock. Shinso answered and had a disappointing lack of a muscle shirt. It was replaced by a normal T-shirt.

"This is going to be an odd question," I started, he gave me a strange look but moved aside so I could enter. "How do I go about pressing charges on someone?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" He asked, taking a lazy seat in his chair.

I mimicked his idea and plopped onto the couch, "I found out who spiked my drink, it was Tony."

"That guy gave me a bad vibe," Shinso muttered.

"Yeah, I was never fond of him either," I agreed.

"I'm not exactly sure, I'm pretty sure you just go to the police and say you want to press charges on someone," Shinso said, "Why would you think I know?"

"'Cause your in UA, I know it's General Studies but still, I thought you'd have some idea," I replied, "I guess your more useless than I thought."

"Says the one who goes to how many parties and still manages to get their drink spiked?" He asked and I paused for a moment.

"It was a momentary lapse in judgement, just like when I decided that I should befriend you," I defended.

He gave me a "don't lie" sort of look, "You couldn't live without me."

"I thought that I couldn't live without Hideyo but here we are," I sighed.

"You can only managed because I'm here," he pointed out, and I knew he was right.

I shrugged, "You want to take her place so bad? Let's a have a sleepover, and then we can watch the slasher movie."

"I forgot I made you agree to that," he grinned a little evilly, "Maybe next time you shouldn't make me go to a party."

"I definitely won't, only because you wouldn't let me drink," I scoffed.

Shinso rolled his eyes, "That night could've gone so much worse if you were drunk."

"I guess," I sighed, I glanced at his TV, "Let's get this movie over with."