~Chapter 19~

"What's there to clear up?" Hideyo asked, she crossed her arms and wouldn't look me in the eye.

I sighed, without welcome I walked into her room and sat on the edge of her bed. Hideyo stayed at the door, turning slightly to face me. "Do you really think I would do that?" Is all I asked at first.

Hideyo didn't respond, not right away. After a beat or two or silence she answered, "I'm not sure what to believe. You never know what's going through people's heads when they're drunk."

"But I wasn't drunk!" I defended before taking a breath, yelling wouldn't solve anything. "Shinso wouldn't let me."

I could almost feel her internal struggle of asking about Shinso or staying on topic. In the end she let out a laugh like sigh. Hideyo came and sat next to me on the bed. "I'm not really mad at you, I guess I wasn't happy with the idea of my boyfriend cheating on me with my best friend and I over reacted a bit."

"I would've been mad too if it were the other way around," I replied, trying to ease her conscience. Smiling, I stood up and offered her my hand.

Hideyo took it without much pause, "But you're single," she said as we walked out of her bedroom.

"What?" I asked with a chuckle at the end.

"How would your boyfriend cheat on you if you don't have one?" Hideyo said again.

"Well I meant if I-."

She hastily cut me off and with a fangirl like squeal she said, "Please tell me when you said that you were thinking about Shinso being your boyfriend!"

"What? I wasn-." She cut me off again by squishing my face in her hands.

"Look! You're even turning red! Ahah! You do like him!" She let go of my face and opened the front door, both of us said goodbye to her mother who had a broad smile on her face.

"Can we stop this conversation now!" I asked loudly, trying to stop her from saying another comment in front of Shinso.

"I've never seem you this worked up before," she cooed, it suddenly hit me how easily this girl went from ignoring me to being my best friend again, it was almost as though something had worn off of her and she was left being herself again.

I got in the car, hoping my blush had eased, and Hideyo climbed into the backseat. "Take us to that frozen yogurt place!" Hideyo told him from the backseat.

"Please," I added for her.

"So now I'm your chauffeur?" Shinso scoffed before glancing at me, "Was it warm in her house?"

"Huh?" I asked, "It wasn't warm in her house."

"Oh, well you're really red," he said, he went to continue but Hideyo's cackles cut him off from the back seat.

I couldn't bring myself to respond and when he looked at me I felt my heart rate quicken a little. Oh God, why does Hideyo have to put thoughts in my head and them leave me with the consequences.

"She's just a little worked up right now," I froze a little at Hideyo's words, I prepared jump into the back seat and shut her up.

"Wow, that's a first," Shinso's sarcasm was almost contagious. "Over what?"

"Just some post conversation jitters," I replied as nonchalantly as possible.

From the backseat Hideyo's cough sounded a lot like bullshit. I turned and smacked her but she moved so the hit wasn't as effective as it hoped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three of us sat down with our frozen yogurt. I got my favorite while Hideyo got an odd flavor I've never heard of, banana something, and Shinso got boring old vanilla.

I wasn't sure what Hideyo was thinking. I was surprised she forgave me that easily but I wouldn't be surprised if she was still a little more than wary.

We had made plans to spend the night at her house and talk things out a bit more.

"Why do you guys like this so much?" Shinso asked after a spoonful of yogurt.

"Because it's good," Hideyo sprayed her words as she spoke, food flew across the table and I threw a napkin at her.

Shinso shrugged, putting his spoon down onto his plastic bowl, "Ice cream is better."

"This is healthier," I pointed out, savoring the flavor. It definitely wasn't ice cream but it tasted good enough.

We ate, casual banter passing between the three of us. "You got any friends?" Hideyo asked, I shook my head, already knowing where she was going with this.

"Depends," Shinso replied more than skeptical.

"Like, any cute friends, good for dating," she smiled and waited impatiently for his response.

Shinso looked at her for a moment, "I can offer you an dumbass."

"Cute dumbass?" She prodded.

"I have no opinion," Shinso claimed.

"What does he look like," if Hideyo had a tail I swear it would've been wagging.

Shinso paused for a moment. "Blond, black lightening streak in it, yellow eyes, he's kind of short. Probably shorter than you."

I stifled a laugh, watching Shinso try and describe someone was hilarious. I could almost feel his awkwardness and it was more than amusing.

He turned to shoot me a glare but didn't comment.

"Give me his number," Hideyo said before adding a quick "please."

Shinso reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He quickly recited a numbers and Hideyo typed them in, somehow keeping up with him. "He's a flirt, just a warning."

"That just ups the chances that he'll agree to going on a date with me," Hideyo grinned childishly as she stared at the new contact in her phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat with Hideyo on her couch as she went on about the guy. Apparently his name is Kaminari Denki and he responds very fast. We had finished going over what happened between us and Tony.

We agreed to keep it behind us and never get back with out exes unless we have a damn good reason.

"And then when you and Shinso finally get over yourselves then we can go on a double date!" Hideyo explained.

"I don't think that'll happen anytime soon," I laughed with a nonchalant tone.

"Wait, but you admit it could happen!" Hideyo stood up and waved her hands around obnoxiously.

I smiled sheepishly. "Hopefully."

About time I updated. Sorry that I'm taking so long I just haven't been feeling the mood for writing. I don't want to publish something I'm not proud of.

Anyway thanks for reading. I'm sorry you guys have been waiting a bit for the kiss but it'll happen all in good time :).

Okay fine, soon. Very soon.

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed!