~Chapter 25~

A week later nothing had changed, Hideyo was still angry and everyone was whispering rumors around school. They were becoming more inventive, the student body taking advantage of my sudden bad credit and creating their own stories.

I realized that if Hideyo was going to come around at some point it would've happened by now.

A strange sense of depression lingered in my chest, she had never gotten this angry at me, and she always believed me in the end. I knew that wouldn't happen now, not unless I gave her hard proof that Tony was just fucking around with her.

It seems I got what I asked for, evidence.

I ding on my phone interrupted my thoughts and I quickly grabbed it to check who it was. It was Tony, I forgot I had his number from when Hideyo and him were still together and happy.

What a funny situation you seem to have gotten yourself into.

I resisted the urge to text back, after all he was just testing me. He probably just wanted to get back at me for hitting him at the coffee shop a week ago.

You're just going to leave me on read? Still upset I see.

Reading his messages was enough, I didn't need to be involved in a conversation with him.

Don't worry, you'll respond after this. After my confession.

I knew it wouldn't be what I wanted it to be, that he lied about everything and spiked my drink.

I lied about everything and spiked your drink.

I found myself typing, I hated that he was right, that this is what got me to respond, but he didn't need to think I was dumb enough to not have realized this on my own.

I already figured that out, but thanks for giving me evidence.

It was only a few seconds before he responded.

Nice try, but this won't work on Hideyo, even if you didn't sleep with me like she thinks that won't change her mind at this point.

I scoffed.

You think too highly of yourself, and clearly you don't know her very well.

Three dots appeared and then disappeared quickly, his message was a short one.

I could say the same thing to you.

I shoved the topic back to his confession.

Why did you do this? What was the point in lying about any of this?

This time his message took a bit longer and the few seconds of waiting killed me.

Because, I thought if people thought that you slept with me then you would just say "fuck it" and let me get in your pants. I guess I was wrong but messing with you like this was fun too, after all I'm the only person who could've won in this situation.

I stared at my phone screen for a moment, letting the shock of this conversation set in. Who does Tony think he is? God? He can't just go around and mess with anyone he pleases. And for what? His own entertainment?

Tony made me sick, he used me and Hideyo.

I wouldn't have slept with you even if you were nice to me, you would be me best friend's ex at best. Besides, I was never sure what she saw in you.

It didn't take him long to respond.

That's why I spiked your drink.

I typed quickly, calling him out for being a self centered asshole.

I was dating your best friend, even if he was cheating on me your still a dick for going after his girlfriend.

My heart rate quickened and I got up from my bed and headed outside, I was already starting to walk to Hideyo's house while still texting Tony.

I only did it because I knew he wouldn't care, as long as he could still use you as he pleased then why shouldn't I use you as I please?

My face twisted in anger, my response wasn't a good one but it expressed my feelings clearly.

Go to hell you horny jackass.

He texted me again but I ignored him, the only thing stopping me from blocking him was the fact I wouldn't be able to see the conversation anymore.

Hideyo's house was a still a few blocks away and I began to jog. I wanted to see the look on her face when she found out she was wrong.

I glanced at my phone, reading the text from Tony.

Finally getting angry huh? I've always liked my girls with a bit of fire.

I was at Hideyo's house and quickly knocked on her door. Just like last time, her mom answered.

I expected her to be angry or annoyed like she was last time, but she wasn't. She offered a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry this keeps happening, hun. Hideyo was always a sucker for Tony's lies."

"You don't think I actually slept with him?" I asked, a small smile on my face, "You seem to be the only person."

Another sympathetic smile grew on her face, "Everything will be okay in the end, if things aren't okay then it's not the end."

"Wow, Mrs. Watanabe, could not've passed on some of that wisdom to your daughter?" I joked with a slight grin.

She laughed, moving aside so I could come in, "Go talk to her, nothing I've said seems to be getting through to her, maybe you can finally get through her head."

"I will," I smiled confidently, showing her my phone. "I have evidence."