HE FINDS OUT

DISCLAIMER - this imagine is based off of The Vampire Diaries / The Originals, but you can imagine any other show about vampires for this!!

YOUR POV

"colby i love you, i do, i just....i can't..." you said looking away. you couldn't look him in the eye.

"y/n if you love me then tell me why you can't be with me." he said, getting stern but also sounding very upset.

"i can't tell you...i want to i just...it's not a good idea." you said, still looking anywhere but at him.

"y/n i don't understand. did i do something wrong?" his voice cracked as he asked you that one question, the one question you never wanted him to ask.

"oh my god! no! colby seriously this isn't you! it's me, and it's always going to be me!" your head snapped to his eyes and you started to tear up, seeing as he was too.

"then babe tell me why you're so afraid of being with me.." you sighed and looked down. you knew he couldn't find out what you are, he would be afraid, and be just like everyone else.

"colby you have to believe me when i say it can jeopardize everything we have if i tell you." your voice got completely serious, and you felt a soft hand grab yours.

the thirst started to crawl back up and you pulled your hand away, knowing you would do something stupid if you got closer to him.

"love i need to know, i would never judge you. if you're insecure about something i can help you. you just have to give me the chance.." his voice was soft, almost as if he spoke too loud if would shatter you to a million pieces.

"colby i-" you were cut off when a pair of soft lips fell on yours. you sank into it, kissing back passionately.

'i have to tell him...i can't put him through this any longer' you thought to yourself.

you pulled away and sighed. "i-i'm a vampire..." is all you said before you felt your hands be released from his.

tears fell from your eyes and you looked up at him, knowing you had just messed everything up. you were at your verge of breaking down, you know he wouldn't understand even if he tried to.

"i didn't get the choice to be what i wanted to be...i-it was just taken from me...j-just like that.." sobs racked your body as you spoke. "Niklaus just took all my chances away two years ago...that's why i haven't wanted a birthday party, because i don't age...i can't ever grow old, or die a peaceful death, or have kids...i don't get those chances.." you cried harder as your voice trailed off.

your knees felt weak, and you collapsed. but someone caught you and you just looked into his ocean blue eyes, as his face showed sympathy for you, and you could tell he is watching you at your worst.

"i-i really really want to be with you colby...i just can't take those opportunities away from you...that's why i need to get away." you said as you stood up and started walking towards the closet, but you were pulled back and brought into a broad chest.

"baby i don't care about all of that...i care about you. i want you, i don't want anybody else. if you leave, i don't know what i would do. please..i need you." you felt a tear on your shoulder and looked up to see him breaking down himself.

"b-but your future kids...you won't be able to have w-with me...i-i'm undead colbs...i'm immortal.." he just shook his head and looked into your eyes, smiling at you.

"i don't need a family to satisfy my needs, that's you. you give me everything i've ever wanted, and i couldn't ask for a better girlfriend. i want you, ALL of you. no matter what you are or what food choice you have, i love you unconditionally." you smiled and a happy tear rolled down your cheek.