YOU GET CLOSE TO NATE

YOUR POV

"what's up guys it's sam and colby." colby said his line before looking over at sam to continue. "today we're here with nate, alex, and y/n, colby's girlfriend." you waved to the camera as nate and alex did.

"today we're gonna be going to one of the most scary places we've ever been to." sam said, and they all looked down and nodded. colby looked the most distressed and you held his hand.

he smiled and looked at you, and you stared into his blue eyes. you focused back on the camera as sam was explaining the final details and they were gathering up the camera.

alex and nate were walking hand-in-hand, making you chuckle. "hey it's 2019 we're allowed to do that." nate commented looking between you, sam, and colby. "oh yeah, you're right." colby responded.

while colby was explaining his experience in this abandoned house you were all headed to, you and nate were having your own little side conversation, while listening of course. ever since colby introduced you and nate, there's been this connection.

you and nate immediately got close, and get along so well. you didn't know it bothered colby by how close you were. colby thinks that nate will take him from you, but what he fears most is that he believes nate already has.

colby finished his story and he looked in the direction of you and nate. his face looked sad, he had the worst case scenario in his head. you walked and soon arrived at the abandoned barn, so you walked over to colby.

"this place is awesome." you said as you looked around at the largeness of it, and all of the hay bails gathered inside. "yup." colby said, you furrowed your brows and looked over at him.

"why are you being short?" you asked, and colby just shrugged. you studied his face for a second, but couldn't read what he was thinking. "come on colbs, what's the matter?" you tried to hug his arm but he gently shoved you off of him.

"no, y/n. i just- i can't with you right now." he tried to walk away but you didn't let him get far. you kept your voice down because you didn't want to get the others' attention. "colby, talk to me bubs." you pushed, and he just turned around, looking you in the eyes.

"what's wrong is your relationship with nate! you and nate are super close, it feels as though you're dating him and not me! what's up with that y/n?! god if you're gonna go after one of my friends at least save me from the heartbreak and not do it in front of my fucking face! i really do appreciate how close you and nate have been tonight, because it proved to me that you don't want me. but you want him. i hope you're happy, but don't talk to me again. i can't handle that." colby said, a little louder than he thought. the boys were looking over this way, and you just stared at colby.

you looked between the rest and him, tears in your eyes. you blinked and the tears fell out of them. "i'm sorry." you whispered before leaving the barn and leaning against the outside of it. you broke down, crouching into your knees and not caring how loud your sobs were.

colby ran his fingers through his hair as he let out a big sigh. his face was cold, and he looked like he just watched someone murder his family his face was so angry. nate walked over, but colby wanted nothing to do with him. "nah- nope. not you too." colby stopped nate in his tracks and shot daggers into his eyes while pointing at him.

"no colby listen. she didn't deserve that, and she's not after me. i'm not after her either. she's just gotten close to me lately because we have the same personality. she's like my little sister, and i'm like her big brother. the fact that your jealousy got the best of you and caused you to yell at her like that, i could hear her heart shatter from a mile away. the sadness behind her eyes said it all. she loves you, colby. she always has, and she always will. it disappoints me that you had to lash out on something so stupid, because you should know damn well how much she needs and wants you." nate sighed and shook his head, walking away with sam and alex.

colby had realization hit him, and he frantically looked up. he found the way you ran out and rushed out. he looked side to side before seeing your broken state, his heart breaking at the sight of it. colby slowly walked over and sat down next to you, rubbing your back.

you looked over at him, causing your lip to quiver at the sight of him. his face softened even more, and he gripped your waist; pulling you into his arms. "let it out baby. take as long as you need." colby's voice was barely above a whisper as he spoke, and he rubbed circles on your back.

your sobs shook your whole body, and you cried even harder into his chest. "shhh.. it's okay. i realize how much of a dick i was. i love you y/n, i just don't want to lose you because i can't see myself with anyone else." you looked up, your hair sticking to your tear stained cheeks. you wiped the tears away, "i l-love you colby.. so m-much. i d-don't want nate," you said and shook your head no, "i w-w-want you."

colby nodded and pulled you onto his lap. he put his chin on top of your head as he rubbed your sides gently. "i know angel, i realize that now. there's nothing to worry about anymore, i won't act like that ever again. i promise you that." you nodded and started to calm down, letting your sniffles drown out your sobs as time passed.

colby looked down at you as you looked up at him. he touched foreheads with you before connecting your lips gently. you kissed back and pulled away along with him, resting your head back on his chest. you just wanted to be held, and colby understood that.

"wanna go back inside and explore, or go to the car and just talk?" he asked you, and you just nodded. "car, p-please." colby said 'okay' before you got onto his back and he carried you back to the car. you guys just sat and talked, before all of the guys came back and you went to colby's house.