NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR

dt- @slhsdancer

YOUR POV

you're feeling extremely stressed out lately. you decided to turn on spotify and play your number one playlist, the nights i'm left alone. those songs can calm your nerves in any second, but they also put you in your feels at the same time.

you clicked it, and immediately comfortable - lauv started blasting through your apartment. you sang along to it, and bopped your head as you continued with your college homework.

COLBY POV

i listened into the song i could hear from next door. i heard one of my favorites playing, and i could recognize it was from my playlist as soon as that song ended and stupid - milkk started to play.

i was curious as to who was living next to me. so i decided to get up and go next door. i knocked a few times and heard footsteps and the music being turned down.

the door swung open, and my eyes widened at the sight in front of me. it was a girl, around my age, except she was breathtaking. her hair was perfectly waved, her eyes were shimmering under her fairy lights, and how her baby face was just so cute when she looked up at me.

"uh hi! i was just coming over because i heard my playlist being blasted. you a fan?" i asked her after gathering my senses. her jaw dropped a little and her eyes widened slightly.

"this is YOUR playlist?" she asked, in shock. i nodded, "yes." she started to get excited, "it's my number one favorite! you have some amazing music taste!" i giggled at her sudden smile and giddy tone of voice.

"thank you," i peeked behind her and saw a bunch of binders and papers upon papers everywhere. "are you in college?" i asked her, and she nodded but sighed. "yeah, and it's so stressful. i can't even focus today." she rubbed her face with one hand.

"what are you majoring in?" i asked, hoping i could help her a little. "film study." she answered, and i knew a handful about it. so i offered to help. "need help? i know something about filming. i'm a youtuber and a friend of mine is a director so, i could try." she smiled and moved to the side, allowing me to come in.

YOUR POV

he walked inside, and man was he cute. he sat down on the couch and looked through some of the papers, and smiled looking at your little notes you took. "sorry it's a mess. i've been overworking myself lately."

he furrowed his brows and looked up, "not a problem! i'm colby, by the way." you smiled at the name. "what about your last name?" and he answered with, "brock. colby brock." you smirked to yourself.

y/n brock. now that doesn't sound to bad. you thought to yourself before sitting down next to him and grabbing your pencil again. you did the stuff you knew by heart before moving onto the more difficult tasks.

colby watched as you furrowed your eyebrows in stress. he gently gripped the back of your bicep, making you look at him. he smiled and said, "you know the answer. just breathe, and relax."

you nodded and took a few deep breaths, calming your heartbeat. you read the question over, and it finally clicked into your brain. you finished the assignment, all with colby's calming help and words.

"thank you so much for helping me." you said and colby nodded. "yeah! of course." you smiled and hugged him, him returning the hug. "i don't got much going on today, so you're welcome to chill for a while." you offered.

"yea that sounds great!" you smiled at his response and turned on the playlist once again, lightly bobbing your head. colby watched you with a small smile and you started to sing.

i know, i know you're afraid.
that i don't see you the same.
lay here with me, lay here with me.
i know, i know i'm so dumb.
but i'm stupid for your love.
lay here with me, lay here with me.

colby soon joined in on the singing with you, and you turned around to see him walking closer to you. you cocked your head to the side, and he grabbed your hands. "dance with me, pretty girl."

you blushed and got into position in front of him. you slow danced and gradually led into a simple foxtrot. you smiled when he spun you and then pulled you back into his arms.

you giggled as he held your waist from behind, slowly rocking you both side to side. you smiled at his presence, and turned around sighing. "colby-" he cut you off, afraid you won't like him.

"i'm sorry, i got carried away." he was nervous, and it was obvious. you giggled, "you're cute, but don't worry. i was gonna ask for your number." he sighed relieved and laughed a soft laugh. "oh thank god."

you smiled and grabbed his phone as he handed you it; punching in your number as he returned the favor into your phone. "would you like to go out sometime?" colby asked you.

"like, a date?" colby rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment at your sudden question. "i mean, if you want it to be a date then yea. but if you don't then no." you chuckled, "yes i want it to be a date."

colby smiled, showing his dimples. "then of course it's a date. i'll take you out tomorrow for lunch, beautiful." he kissed your forehead while giving your hands a little squeeze. you smiled, "see you then colby."

colby showed himself the door, as you closed it gently behind him. you held your chest and smiled to yourself, before making dinner and going to sleep. tomorrow is gonna be amazing.