DISEASE

DISCLAIMER- i'll tell you when to play the song, it's important to play it when i tell you to, it'll give you the feels! this is based off the movie five feet apart!! i tried my best to modify it but if it seems the same i apologize. ALSO!! HUGE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE!!

"y/n..."

"colby!"

"take the lungs...for me..." you looked into his eyes and you saw the dullness in them.

you nodded. "okay, okay." soon enough they took you in and you were put under general anesthesia once again.

———————————

COLBY POV

"alright, are you all in?" i asked, looking around at everyone.

"of course we're in." everybody said at the same time with adoring smiles on their faces.

"barb?" i asked, looking at barb with hope in my eyes.

she just looked at me and looked around for a second. "hell yeah i'm in." i smiled and got up, handing everyone their supplies and grabbing my sketch book.

i started to draw pictures of her and other people she loves into it. i was working hard and it took me almost three hours to finish. barb came in and looked at me.

"you really love her, don't you colby?" i looked up at her. i just smiled and nodded.

"i want her to be happy and safe. i love her with my whole being." i replied and she just smiled.

after i finished drawing in the sketch book i looked around at my now empty hospital room. i let out a big sigh and then heard julie come over.

"she's waking up!" she smiled excitedly. i just smiled a little and looked at y/n through the hospital door window. i sadly sighed and went outside, preparing for saying goodbye.

——————————

YOUR POV

you opened your eyes slowly, and you immediately felt the ease for breathing. you could take deep breaths but you couldn't talk; you still had a tube in your throat and the IV in your left arm.

"hey..you did good baby." your mom said to you and you looked around at everyone smiling at you.

"you really did." barb added afterwards. you smiled a little, even though it was hard to with the tube in your way.

julie and barb rose up the hospital blinds and you looked over, confused. soon enough, lights came on. it was beautiful.

you were looking around in adoration at the lights, and soon enough saw the love of your life appear outside the window.

"hi y/n.." he said once the doctor picked up the phone call for you and put it on speaker. you just kept your eyes on him.

"you know people always say if you love something you have to learn to let it go." you furrowed your brows. by now you had that pit in your stomach of fear. "i thought that was such bullshit." he continued.

"until i watched you almost die." tears ran down your face as he spoke. you don't know why he's saying all this, but you have a bad feeling about it.

you just stared at him. "in that moment y/n... nothing mattered to me. except you." tears ran down your face faster. you were sobbing silently at this point.

"i'm sorry... i don't want to go. all i want is to be with you." colby put his hand on the glass as you put your hand over his on your side of it.

"i can't. i need you to be safe, from me." you shook your head at him, starting to cry harder. he just stared into your eyes as he spoke.

"i don't know what comes next, but i don't regret any of this." again, you shook your head. not wanting him to just give it all up and leave you like this.

"could you close your eyes? i just don't know if i can walk away if you're still looking at me." you refused at first, staring at him. not wanting him to walk away. not wanting to close your eyes.

"please.." he begged. so you finally closed your eyes as you sobbed, knowing what's gonna happen once you open them.

"i love you...so much." colby said. colby just stared at you for a second, and then, he turned around and walked away.

(play the song up there 👆🏻)

you opened your eyes and he was no longer standing in front of you. you dropped your hand from the glass and sobbed harder.

"he left this for you.." your mom handed you a gift, wrapped in cute little wrapping paper. you softly opened and looked at it. it was a sketch book.

the cover had julie, you with your balloon and stuffed panda, colby, barb, poe, and a few others. you opened it and there was a drawing of you in the gym, against the window. instead, it wasn't a cartoon like he usually draws. it was well thought out.

you turned the page, and saw a drawing of you leaning against your late sister abby. you turned the page once again, and saw a drawing of poe. your tears wouldn't stop as you turned the page again, seeing a side-profile drawing of you making a kissy face at your panda. then the final page was his famous cartoon drawing, but it was of you with a balloon that was busted open as confetti flew out of it. colby was standing on the other side of the page and he held a scroll that read: colby's master list: #1 love y/n forever.

you sobbed again and just cried harder at the thought of him really being gone. you were destined to see him again, or at least that's what you thought. little did you know that a month later the disease caught up to him, and you would never be able to see his blue eyes again.

————————————————

"human touch." you said into the camera during the live stream. "our first form of communication." you smiled a little as you spoke.

"safety, security, comfort, all in the gentle caress of a finger. or the brush of lips on a soft cheek." you looked back into the camera.

"it connects us when we're happy, bolsters us in times of fear, excited us in times of passion....and love." you smiled once again, remembering all of the memories you and colby had together.

"we need that touch from the one we love, almost as much as we need air to breathe." you started to tear up, but held them back. you looked down sadly but shortly looked back up as you focused.

"but i never understood the importance of touch. his touch. until i couldn't have it." a tear slid down both of your cheeks as the memories kept flooding back.

"so...if you're watching this, and you're able.. touch him. touch her. life's too short to waste a second."