YOU'RE SCARED OF HIM

YOUR POV

you were walking to your mailbox, just trying to found out if the package your aunt sent you arrived yet. you opened it with your key and pulled out the small package, opening it.

it was a beautiful diamond necklace; except it wasn't too blingy, it had just one diamond. it was perfect for you. you clipped it around your neck before slipping the letter into your back pocket.

you turned around and went to walk away when bumped into a broad chest. "i'm so sorry." you said, and as soon as you looked up, the color from your face drained. there he stood, colby brock.

colby tried to touch your cheek, but you turned your head to the side. "please don't. i'm sorry i bumped into you.." you said and tried to walk away, but he gripped your wrist firmly. he pulled you back so you would look at him.

"why do you always scurry off when i try to talk to you? i just want to love you, y/n." the softness of his voice caused you to look up and he looked into your eyes. you just gulped and he noticed, furrowing his brows a little.

"are you afraid of me?" colby asked, and you nodded slowly while looking down. his voice sounded hurt as he responded. "why are you scared of me? i would never do anything to hurt you, princess." you looked up when he called you a pet name.

"i-it's just i've seen you get mad.. and s-so i'm scared that if i get into a relationship with you and i make you mad, you might lash out.. and- and.." he cut you off before you could finish.

"and hit you?" you sighed ashamed and looked down, nodding once again very slowly. colby lifted your chin so you would look at him. "y/n, just because i get upset does not mean i would ever take it out on you." colby emphasized a few words in that sentence to make it mean more.

"i just- i just... don't want to get my heart broken.. or get physically hurt." colby's eyes turned sad and pulled you into his chest. you tensed at first but relaxed as he gently rubbed circles on your back. your tears fell, because you felt guilty for ever thinking he would abuse you.

"i know you've had a shitty past, y/n. but i would never ever hurt you. i just want to be able to hold you when i miss you, or when you need it. i want to be able to kiss you because your lips are so plump, and they taste sweet. i wanna be able to take you out on dates whenever we are free just to make your day. i want to be able to do anything imaginable with you, but you have to give me that chance." you had tears down your face at the end of his speech.

"i-i'm sorry i accused y-y-you colby. i've j-just been petrified ever since." colby shook his head at your apology. "no, babygirl don't apologize. you were treated terribly, and you don't deserve that." colby wiped your cheeks as he spoke, leaving you to lean into his left palm.

"i love you colby. i was just too afraid to let another person in." you looked into his eyes, and saw his ocean ones flickering quickly between your eyes and lips. you nodded and he leaned in, delicately kissing you. as though if he kissed you any harder, you would shatter right beneath him.

you smiled as he pulled away. he connected foreheads with you. "just trust me. i'll make you feel good, and i will love you the right way." you smiled and kissed him again, before grabbing his hand and running back to his apartment with him.