Chapter 8 - Wendy's Encouragement and Joy's Anger

For the next couple of days Joy followed the doctor's orders - she would eat less before going to sleep and she also spent less time looking at any screen in the house before going to sleep. The sleeping pattern improved - not by a lot at first, but at the end of the week Joy got more hours of sleep and she would usually go to sleep at night.

The nightmares, however, did not stop.

They would wake her up in the middle of the night. She would sit in her bed in cold sweat, thinking about what she had just dreamt, but she would usually convince herself soon enough to go back to sleep.

Joy would also get more exercise, since she knew that if she would tire her body out, she would fall asleep easier. She did not want to overdo it however, she did it just enough so that she could fall asleep easier at night.

Things are getting better. Sure, the nightmares are still there, but I guess with time that too shall pass. With time and with conversations.

Wendy212: How has my princess been doing these days? ;P

Joy would chuckle at Wendy's nicknames every time she read them. She did feel there was a bit of sarcasm behind them every time Wendy wrote them, but she also knew that Wendy was just joking around so that Joy could feel a bit better during the day. She truly appreciated her conversations with Wendy, even though they've never met in real life.

Joy39: I've been feeling a bit better these days - I've went to see a therapist and he actually gave me some advice regarding my sleeping problems. So far, so good - I've been sleeping better but I still have nightmares from time to time... Most of the time :/

Wendy212: Oh :/ I'm sorry to hear that... I mean, I'm glad that at least you're sleeping better and that you are getting help.... but I'm sad about the nightmares... What are the nightmares about?

Joy39: Oh, the usual that I've been mentioning to you...

Wendy212: Oh, so flashbacks from Seoul again?

Joy39: Yeah, only more vibrant and colorful and crazy at times... But usually my mind would just replay the events that had happened.

Wendy212: Any in particular?

Joy39: Well, lately I've been having the "Gashina" dream again...

Wendy212: Wait, wait... I'll remember it... I WILL REMEMBER IT.... ugh... no, sorry, could you remind me of the "Gashina" dream? I know it's about the song "Gashina" from Sunmi, obviously, but... Sorry I can't remember more :(

Joy39: Oh, don't worry! I'm surprised you can keep up with ALL the crazy stuff that happens in my life, so hahhaha thank you for that :D

Wendy212: Gotta look out for my princess :P

Joy39: Hahahahaha and you're doing a  great job so far!

Wendy212: Thank you! Anyway, the Sunmi song?

Joy39: Oh, right! It goes back to when Yeri and I were in her car. I was driving her car that evening because she wasn't "in the mood" to drive...

Wendy212: Ugh... *rolls eyes*

Joy39: Yeah... Well, anyway, we stopped near this convenience store on the side of the road just outside Seoul... We went that far out because she wanted to go for a longer drive that time... We were silent as we usually would be when we ran out of "what did you do today" topics so I turned on the radio. A random pop song would be playing and she would comment on how "today's pop music is all the same and everything just feels fake and the songs are bad" and she's generally just going on and on how rock music and punk music are the only things worth listening to... And just when I'm feeling like turning the station, Sunmi's "Gashina" comes on and she grabs my hand and stops me from turning to another station.