Chapter 25 - Debbie Harry

"If you could be... in like... any group in all of history... which group would you be in?" Joy asked tipsily while twirling on her toes and holding a glass of expensive wine. She took her shoes off moments before and was now in her socks.

Yeri chuckled at the sight and asked what she was doing.

Joy replied that she was just dancing and asking her a question.

"Blondie." Yeri mumbled after a couple of moments of thinking. "Debbie Harry is the bomb..." she slurred her words a bit.

"Preach!" Joy replied excitedly, her eyes widening.

"Oh, you like Blondie?"

"First four albums are some of the most solid rock music I've ever heard... I told ya, my father loves his music too hehe" Joy replied smiling while also setting herself down on the floor to sit next to Yeri. They were looking at old rock records of the house they just broke into and Yeri was setting the nearby record player to play Blondie's album Parallel Lines.

As soon as Hanging on the Telephone started to play, both Joy and Yeri stood up and started to dance goofily while also shout-singing the lyrics.

"Don't leave me haaaanging on the te-le-phooooone..." they both started to yell once the chorus started to play.

"I would've liked to be in Girls Generation!" Joy spoke in between lines.

"Soo Young, don't ruin the moment with your pop garbage"

"What moment?" Joy stopped to dance to look at Yeri who was dancing with her eyes closed. She admired her for just a couple of seconds.

"Whatever" Yeri replied while getting back to the song's lyrics: "Oh why can't we talk agaaain?" she sang softer this time.

Not a bad voice. Joy thought to herself and smiled. I wonder what she meant by "don't ruin the moment"... Well it's Yeri, so who knows at this point...

And at that moment, a scream was heard from upstairs, making Joy and Yeri scream too at the same time.

An older woman in her pajamas was standing on the stairs and looking at Joy's and Yeri's horrified faces.

"Just what the hell do you think you're doing?"

"We... We thought no one was at home!" Joy started to explain.

"I mean, we checked all the rooms and we didn't see you." Yeri added in a rapidfire manner.

"That's not what I meant! I'm calling the police! You're drinking my wine... and playing my records!" The woman couldn't be calmed down as she tried to get down the stairs.

In a panic, a shoeless Joy and a drunk Yeri started to run towards the car.

"Yeri, I can't drive like this!"

"Neither can I, Soo Young, I had way too much to drink, you will have to do it this time!"

"Yeri, don't fool around, I've seen you drive drunk a million times!"

"No Joy... This time it's differe-" and right then and there Yeri started to throw up in the yard, making Joy nauseous as well. 

The whole sight of Yeri throwing up in the yard along with the woman coming out of the house to scold some more started to sober Joy up pretty quickly.

"Fuck it, give me the keys!" Joy yelled out as the neighbouring lights started to light up and nearby people were starting to gather around to see what the commotion was all about.

"Good thinking!" Yeri barely replied as they both got into the car and she gave Joy the keys.

Joy started the car and drove off while the woman was standing in the yard with a phone in her hand while talking to the police.

"I got the license plate number!" shouted one of the bystanders and Joy's blood ran cold.

"Did you hear that?" Joy asked in a panicked state of mind while looking at Yeri.

"Just drive..." Yeri barely made out as she was holding her head in her hands.

"Are you okay? You didn't seem sick when we were inside the house-"

"Just.... Please be quiet." Yeri replied quietly, yet angrily.

And so, the two drove off the scene with silence in the car, and Joy had no idea what to do next.