Chapter 20 - Doctor Kim's Explanation

Doctor Kim went back to his table to write down about his encounter with Joy. He liked writing about patients with whom he was impressed, mostly so his work could be better in the future. His written thoughts were his alone and he never shared them with anyone.

Joy was never a stupid person. Hah, yes, how professional of me to use that word, but yet, I feel like it's the best thing for me to use. She is exceptionally smart and very aware of her situation. She was just in a bad place. A really bad place. And she needed to open up about herself.

She needed to talk about what was troubling her. Maybe she did that before, but she probably needed a more thorough analysis this time and maybe this trauma that she had - this constant rejection from people she liked, this constant need to be in control of others instead of herself, this need of acknowledgement of her presence... she needed to talk about this and realize her full potential. 

And it was easy to talk to Joy about this because she has a full grasp of her surroundings. I feel like she will continue on to have a great life as long as she chooses what she does and what she doesn't do....

I do wonder, what did happen with Yeri in the end... I might as well ask Joy the next time I see her, if she feels like she wants to talk about it.

Doctor Kim then put his pencil down and looked out through the window.

Just keep fighting, Joy! He thought to himself.