Chapter 26 - Joy and Yeri's Ride

There was an unsettling silence in the car. Joy was trying to concentrate and to sober up so that she could drive and not get caught by anyone. Seoul's roads were filled with cars going at a moderate pace so she tried to avoid bigger traffic jams in order to get as far away as possible.

She did not know what that would accomplish considering the police now has the license plate number of the car but she wasn't about to get caught that easily and she thought that there has to be a plan in this whole situation one way or the other.

Yeri was in the passenger seat still holding her head in her hands. Joy kept the silence up as she was driving aimlessly.

"So..." Yeri spoke suddenly.

"So?" Joy was confused.

"That was uh... that was an interesting situation, right?" she spoke with a mischievous smile on her face. 

"Are you seriously smiling right now?" Joy asked with a tinge of anger in her voice.

Yeri didn't respond. She sat there in silence and suddenly her face went pale.

"Oh... shit!"

"Yup." Joy responded sternly, knowing very well what Yeri just realized.

"We're fucked... we're so fucked... we are extremely fucked..." Yeri kept repeating.

"Oh so you don't have a plan for this?" Joy asked sarcastically.

"Seriously? You're going to play that game now?"

"What game?"

"The blame game."

"I'm just saying... You're the one that always led us to these situations"

"These situations?"

"Oh you know what I mean! Breaking into houses and stealing stuff!" Joy yelled out.

"Well, no one made you do it!" Yeri replied.

Joy sat there in silence again, fuming. 

"You have a point-" Joy started to speak but was interrupted.

"It doesn't matter... we'll... we'll figure something out." Yeri said with a bit of uncertainty in her voice.

She even sounds kinda sad. Joy felt sorry for Yeri. She knew it didn't make sense to feel sorry for her, and yet, there she was, driving Yeri's car and feeling sorry for her.

Joy parked in a not-so-busy street.

"Why did you do that?"

"You seem much better and I don't think I can drive anymore... Could you drive now?"

Yeri looked at her and nodded. She then looked at Joy's feet.

"Hah! You're still in your socks!"

"Well yeah, I had to get out of the house quickly hahaha" Joy replied laughing. She then asked:

"How did you miss the old woman while we were looking through the house to see if anyone's there?"

"I don't know... I might've just been way to excited seeing the record player and I probably wasn't that thorough this time..." Yeri replied with a smile.

"The record player was cool." Joy acknowledged Yeri's statement with a smile as well.

"It was." Yeri replied and they just stared at each other with smiles on their faces.

"And after that, you know, you mentioned Debbie Harry and I forgot basically everything hahaha" they both laughed at Yeri's last remark.

"That's okay, she is a very attractive woman"