Chapter 22 - Sakura's Infidelity

Joy continued to describe what had happened that evening with Yeri to doctor Kim. Once again, she got her mind into the right headspace.

She got back to the story by describing how Yeri called her to exit her apartment:

"Hey, I'm here, wanna come out?"

"Be right there!" Joy replied and ended the call. She grabbed everything she needed from her apartment and headed outside.

She felt butterflies in her stomach once again.

"Heeey" Yeri called out through the car window while Joy just got in the passenger seat.

"Hey, dipshit." Joy greeted her once she sat in the car, reminding Yeri of the meme she sent her a couple of minutes ago. They both started to chuckle.

"Wasn't thet a great one?"

"One of the better ones" Joy answered still laughing. "How did you find this one?"

"Oh, you know, the internet"

"Ah yes, good times on the internet"

"Indeed"

"So, where are we heading?"

"I don't know, I thought about maybe picking Yena and Sakura up, maybe doing a little run, a bit of a joyride if you will, once again"

"Sounds good to me" Joy replied. "D'you have any money on you?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm a little short on cash so I don't know how much I can chip in tonight regarding booze"

"Oh, don't worry" Yeri replied waving her hand.

"Oh?" Joy was surprised.

"Yeah... You know that last house we broke into?"

"Yeah...?" Joy felt insecure about where this conversation was going.

"Well, let's just say that some of the stuff I stole this time was... valuable" Yeri chuckled as she said that.

"Oh shit, Yeri, what did you do?" Joy asked while covering her mouth.

"Don't worry Soo Young, it's all good... I just found someone online who needed a thing and so I provided them with the thing... and now I have money for us to have a good evening. And I can get my parents off my back for not "providing them with money from a real job"." - Yeri said that last part in a mocking tone of voice. "I've earned plenty" Yeri chuckled once again.

Joy just sat there in silence. She was no stranger to the whole concept of them stealing stuff from houses, but usually it would be small stuff and nothing of any real value. At least not for sale, anyway. So this felt different.

"Soo Young, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just processing... So... We're not going to get in trouble for this?"

"For what?"

"You selling stolen stuff online?"

"I mean... What's life without a little trouble?" Yeri joked.

"Aish, stop that! Stop with the cliche lines, you're better than that"

"Am I, though?" Yeri chuckled once again which made Joy suspicious.

"Are you drunk already?"

"Maaaaaybe" Yeri replied while smiling mischievously towards Joy. "But don't worry Soo Young, damn, you can be such a nag sometimes"

Joy then shut up for a while as she looked at her phone.

"If you're not okay with going out with us tonight, just tell me" suddenly Yeri was serious. Caring even, Joy thought to herself.