Chapter 5: Status

"OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The hooded man screamed as my chubby hand smashed into his. My hand honestly didn't do much, as I was secretly hoping, but it did leave what looked like a (two year old) fist sized bruise.

As his hand went downwards due to my blow, his balance did too. I could only smile evilly as he fell and hit his head on the wooden edge of the wagon.

That has got to hurt.

Immediately he grabbed his head in pain with his none bruised hand. Looking up, he realized everyone in the vicinity was looking at him. Standing up, he started running. One of the guards standing nearby(remember, I was by the gate) began chasing after him.

 If only the hooded dude had just calmly walked it off, he would have not looked suspicious.

I did get a look at his face, when he looked up after hitting his head. He had dark brown hair, a shaved face, and most notably, a scar under his left eye. He also had green eyes? I say this tentatively because it was hard to tell. The one thing I could say is that when he looked up he was pissed. And that he had a knife under his cloak or some kind of weapon.

Miss Wetse began to hug me tightly(choking all the air out of my tiny body) while muttering something about how sad it was for a second thief to be in the village this week.

For anyone wondering what day of the week it is, I have no idea.

After the couple bought two loaves of bread and six apples, I actually did fall asleep for a bit. It seems for my small self, actually using mana to attack takes a lot out of me. Though it may have been actually the action of swinging my arm with a mana imbued hand that took my energy from me. I myself was quite pleased with the damage I had inflicted.

After what I had assumed was approximately an hour later, some guards, who were off duty, were at the stand. Examining them closely, I could tell they were wearing standardized equipment. Turning back to the conversation at hand, I listened in.

"Miss Wetse, I see you have another fine selection of goods today."

"Why yes, Mr Argud, I do. I have some bread I baked this morning, and fresh apples right off the tree."

"May I check the status of the apples?" Mr Argud asked.

"Go ahead and check, Mr Argud, you always are a fine customer." Miss Wetse replied.

Surrounding, what I believed was mana around his hand, he picked up an apple. "Status", he said. Immediately, a green, see through screen was displayed in front of the apple.

WTF!!!!!! There are status windows in this world!?! How have I not figured that out yet!?!

Focusing, I proceeded to read the screen(backwards). This is a what I read.

{Status:

Name: Cree Apple

Level: NA

Tier: NA

HP: 3

XP: 2

STR: NA