Chapter 19: Xetral Poisoning

Lufis POV

"Goodnight Lufis!"

"Goodnight Dad!" I said as my father closed my bedroom door.

It had been a long day. The festival was fun, but I feel like Nathaniel seemed slightly disappointed in it. I thought it was cool the way the actors used firé gamic to enhance the play. The way they also utilized xetral to perform the strength feats were also very impressive.  

And Trishia . . .

I have to admit that it was a little suspicious that Nathaniel wanted to go down that alley. It was almost like he knew that something was happening . . .

I was surprised to encounter a Nekohito. According to the history books, the Nekohito people had disappeared from the world. Of course there were all sorts of rumors; of a secret kingdom in the mountains, or in the dangerous Watire Woods, or in the sea, but nothing has been officially recorded to where they are now. Previously, Nekohitos were known for the quick reflexes and high capabilities. 

Back to the history, the Kingdom of Nekohiton had previously been next to the Kingdom of Camiare. In fact, before Camiare was formed as a kingdom, the Nekohitos actually helped Roland in the fight against the demons from the south. The textbooks don't explain why, but the Nekohiton Kingdom untangled itself from interactions with Camiare and has seemingly vanished. There are tales of travellers encountering a Nekohito from time to time, confirming that they still exist, but nothing else is known.

If Nathaniel was here, he would probably ask something stupid, like "Um . . . Lufis . . . . . . who are the Nekohiton people? I don't know, please tell me???" Everyone knows they were a kingdom with a powerful military and economy that rivaled Camiare. And that the people have cat ears and tails, along with several other feline characteristics . . . . . .

I can already feel my cheeks go red as I turn my thoughts back to Trishia. 

"Focus Lufis. You are the heir to the Lantideniz line." Saying what my father has repeated to me time and time again helped calm my thoughts. 

Why was Trishia surrounded by those men?

They weren't trying to capture her as a slave, that's for sure. Otherwise they would haven't even given her the slightest chance to call for help. More likely she was to be taken as an important hostage . . . not to be harmed . . . wait . . .  no . . . it couldn't be . . . .

 . . . That would mea-

BOOOOOM!

The sound of an explosion nearby completely destroyed my chain of thought. Racing to the window, I looked in the direction I heard the sound. The only thing in that direction was some trees and  . . . . . . . . . . . the Armis' house.

Drats.

Opening my window, I slide out of it on to the wooden roof that was over the front door. Then, using <Fulcio> just in case, I jumped down the seven feet drop and rolled into a crouch.  Then I started running toward the Armis' house. 

As I ran, I was nearly bowled over by two running figures, one who quickly picked me up with ease.

"What are doing Lufis?" My father asked.

"I heard an explosion from the direction of the Armis' house, so I ran as fast as I could." I replied.

"I shouldn't have come over for a drink." Arthur said, his worry clearly etched into his face. "I just hope Deldria and Nathaniel are okay."