Chapter 8: <Etheric Blade>

{Congratulations, 173/173 LP met. You Leveled Up! Now Level 18!}

{Status:

Name: Nathaniel Armis

Level: 18

LP: 176/185

Tier: 3

HP: 59

XP: 94

STR: 27

VIT: 31

DEX: 32

DEF: 33

INT: 139

WIS: 93

LUK: 45

CHA: 50

Deviant: Unique-Lightning

Description: Friendly, Impressed, In Awe}

Closing my Status window, I laid on my bed. I was glad I completed the quest, but Lufis is just scary smart. I think if I just let him explain most things to me, I would get more powerful faster than trying  to figure some things out on my own.

"Inbox" I said.

[Inbox:

-"mana" sword instruction manual-]

[Take out -"mana" sword instruction manual-?]

[Yes/No]

I clicked Yes.

Immediately, as before, tiny purple cubes began to appear in front of me. All that was left in their place was a old looking scroll. Unrolling it, I read the following:

<Etheric Blade>

Considered to be an unrecoverable configuration of gamic, this gamic consolidates unprocessed Xetral to generate a tangible blade. There are three forms to the <etheric blade>. The first form of the <etheric blade> is stronger than the standard sword and is physical. The second form will be ethereal, lacking form until needed. The user will be able to willingly alter the solidity of the blade, changing it from an aeriform blade to a consolidated blade. The third form combines the first and second forms, allowing the user to configure an <etheric blade> that is functional as a palpable sword, yet can change stability at will. Not many have achieved this form, as to successfully configure a third form <etheric blade> requires intense assiduousness, practice, Xetral control, and apprehension of Xetral and the <etheric blade>.

To form an <etheric blade>, the user must have proficient control over their Xetral, and must not be deficient in it either, to more precisely configure an <etheric blade>. The first step to configure an <etheric blade> is to position the Xetral in the arm, till it gives a gossamer-like appearance. Second, the user must shape in their mind what physique the <etheric blade> should take. Taking that mental shape, shift the gossamer-like Xetral on the arm into that configuration (It is fundamental not to form too complex or unrealistic shapes, as the user has only the gossamer-like Xetral on their arm to work with). Lastly, condense the voile-like Xetral. This will create a diaphanous blade on the user's arm. The blade will be attached to the user's arm but if configured right, can extend to the length of a knife, a swortshord, or even a sword. The <etheric blade> duration period is directly correspondent with the user's ability to control Xetral.