Chapter 12: Familix Phases

Thanks for 300+ views!!!

I opened my eyes to find myself in a cold sweat. The only thing I could see was the ceiling. What had happened? Why was I lying down, instead of in my seating position?

Lufis' head popped into view.

"Looks like you finally woke up."

"What happened?" I asked Lufis.

"You never opened your eyes. After nearly twenty seconds, your body just collapse. The teacher was worried at first, but just said your body wasn't used to the new energy source. You were taken to the Infirmary, and after I did my Familix Summoning I volunteered to check on you."

Sounds like I probably fainted from my body receiving the general spirit.

"What familix did you get, Lufis?"

I grabbed the wooden cup of water by my bed (plastic doesn't exist in this world to my knowledge). Even though my body wasn't actually physically in the Spirit Realm, my throat felt dry.

"I received a libra dragon spirit from the Spirit King."

I breathed in my water, coughed heavily several times, and in ragged breathes addressed Lufis.

"What did you say?"

"Libra dragon."

"What is a libra dragon and how did you get one?

If Lufis had glasses he would have pushed them up the bridge of his nose right now.

"A libra dragon is a mythical type of dragon. A dragon is like a lizard, but has wings. Dragons normally have different kinds of breath attacks depending what kind they are"

I cut him off, "I know what dragons are. What is a libra dragon, and how did you get one?"

"Calm down, I'm getting there. A libra dragon is a intelligent dragon. They often search for new knowledge. They are very good learners also. None physically exist that are known of to humans."

"When the Spirit King asked me what kind of a spirit I wanted, I said a smart one. He seemed to like this answer, as he told me most people asked for strong spirits. He told me one of his close subjects wished to learn about the human realm, and was willing to be my spirit. That's how I got the libra dragon. The Spirit King also told me as I was leaving that he was giving me a spirit that I did and didn't ask for."

"What is your familix, Nathaniel?"

"A cheetah."

"Did you say a cheetah, Nathaniel?"

"Yeah"

"You got one of the four mythical creatures as your familix!?! You are so lucky. The cheetah is the fastest of the four mythical creatures. It can easily outrun a horse or wagamo."

"Says the one who got a libra dragon."

Lufis chuckled uncomfortably.

"By the way, while you were unconscious the teacher mentioned the Familix Phases. I did some quick research in the school library about them as the teacher didn't explain them well."

I can only wonder how Lufis managed to do all of this while I was passed out.

"Phase 1 is called celilo. In this phase, the user eyes reflects that of their spirit's. In celilo, you normally gain one familix ability along with some base stat boosts that are in accordance with your familix's creature form. (Remember Nathaniel, your familix is not a physical creature, but a spirit in the shape of a creature)."

"Phase 2 is called kiraso. This form is much more physical and grants the user gamical features of their spirit's beast. Celilo is still in effect during kiraso too, which I thought was a nice bonus. Kiraso also varies between Xetralite/warrior and familix. Since you have a cheetah as your spirit's beast, you will probably get a tail for balance, ears for acute hearing, and claws, on top of speed and reflex."

"The third and final Familix Phase is called animo. There wasn't much about this one in the library, except that it is hard to achieve. Oh, and celilo and kiraso are still in effect during animo."

"Thanks Lufis for the explanation. I think I am ready to go back to class now."

"Aw, you sure? I also read about theories on the Spirit Realm, I could tell you about them!"

"I think I'm good Lufis, lets just go back to class."

As I followed Lufis out of the infirmary, I got a good look at the school.

It was pretty simplistic honestly. It was mostly wooden. Nothing fancy. There wasn't many "modern" things, as I had been used to back on earth.

Back in the classroom, the teacher didn't even bother to stop teaching to check on me, which I actually preferred. I was originally slightly worried I would get labelled weak because I fainted, but that didn't seem to be the case. I'm also glad the teacher didn't ask me what my familix was, as that would start a whole bunch of trouble.

"Lufis, could you please tell me what the answer is to the problem on the board." The teacher asked Lufis.

"6" Lufis replied.

Turning very slowly to face the front, I read the board with a sickening feeling in my stomach.

It read the following: "1+1+1+1+1+1="

I died inside right then and there.

My problem wasn't the math, but rather the sheer stupidity of the situation. I would be treated like an idiot while being taught simple stuff that was already drilled into my skull. The only hope I had for learning was any magic class and literature, though I am nearly certain those won't be taught to me till I'm older. Of course, there is always Lufis. He has never let me down with useless and sometimes helpful facts.

And of course, the library! If only I could spend all day there! Lufis found a book on Familix Phases really fast. While not super detailed, it gave a rough outline, which is all I need. Hopefully the library has plenty of non-fiction books.

As Lufis and I sat in the back of the wagon on our way home(the last portion of my day went by in a blur, as I was either thinking or crying inside), I asked a question that had been randomly bothering me during the day.

"Lufis?"

"What?" He turned his attention away from the woods around us toward me.

"What is a wagamo?"

"A wagamo is basically a higher class horse. Wagamos are stronger and faster than horses. Feel this nice, slow pace the horse pulling the wagon is going? This is like wagamo tip toe speed."

First, I pretty sure horses don't tip toe.

Second, at the pace the horse was drawing the wagon we were in, I could probably outrun in my original body.

"By the way, Lufis, what are wagamo usually used for?"

"Normally by knights during demon wars or dealing with criminals. Wagamos are also normally used by messengers due to their speed."

"This may sound kinda of stupid, but why aren't wagamos used by everyone?"

"Wagamos have a fatal flaw, they are too much for everyday use. If someone tried to plow a field with a wagamo, it would haphazardly tear up the field. The wagamos that are in use today have to be specially trained not to always run wild, as it would cause problems in many places, such as in a market place."

"Thanks, Lufis"

Lufis rested his arm on the edge of the wagon and sighed. At that same time, the goblins attacked.