Chapter 10: Nobility

Sorry for the late chapter!!! I hope you all enjoy!

"How did you do it???" I asked Lufis, staring at his arm.

"Well, the script said to have a gossamer-like appearance, so after a while, I got the idea to pretend to be like a spider spinning its web." He said.

Well, that sounds nice. I just need to shoot web from my abdomen and spin it with my legs.

Just joking of course.

Looking at Lufis, I motioned for him to continue with his explanation.

"The trick is to release your Xetral from a single spot. I did it from the back of my hand. Then, I slowly spread it out. It took me a while to do it though, so I need a lot more practice."

Holding out my arm, I used Lufis' method for releasing Xetral, but released it only on the back of my hand. It was a very different feeling from what I was used to. I was much more used to Xetral covering much more area. With the added weight on the back of my hand, came strain to my wrist, which was hard for my three year old body to deal with.

Next came the tedious task of spreading out the Xetral over my arm. It was like trying to get water to spread evenly while using a butter knife. It took me about thirty minutes to get the Xetral spread out, and it definitely wasn't even.

Unfortunately, I had to leave before we could start working on the next step, as I had to be home in time for dinner. I promised Lufis as I left that I would practice what we had learned.

BOOM. BOOM. BOOM.

I was suddenly woken up by the sound of someone banging at the door.

"Beldria, I need you medical assistance urgently, Lufis is hurt!"

I recognized the voice of Mikel, Lufis' dad, as he shouted from outside.

"One second!" I heard my mom shout.

Not long after, I heard the door open and then close, while I was left in the dark with only my thoughts.

One Year Later

As I was told by my mother after the event, Lufis had somehow broken his wrist.

After he broke his wrist his parents kept him always at an arms reach while he recovered, never letting me get a chance to converse with him.

After his wrist was healed, we were always watched. We couldn't work anymore on the <etheric blade>. From the hints he dropped while we were playing together, I learned that he broke his wrist while practicing the first steps of the <etheric blade>. As I had learned from experience, concentrating Xetral and releasing it from the back of the hand causes stress on the wrist. After a certain point, his three year old body couldn't take the strain anymore and his wrist snapped.

During this one year period, I couldn't work on any more steps of the <etheric blade> because the scroll was at Lufis' house.

I did make good progress with my gruelling physical training routine. I definitely think I have gained some muscle despite my natural baby fat. I also have better coordination.

Over the year, I have only received a couple of quests, though they did give some good LP despite being easy. I have since raised two levels.

{Status:

Name: Nathaniel Armis

Level: 20