Old Ties

The town was beautiful in Clover's words. But to her everything was beautiful unless it wasn't, as she had explained it.
Pit wasn't exactly used to being able to take in the sights, having to keep on his toes darting around never in the same spot for more then the first few seconds.
Right now was no different, but it was Clover dragging him around not the threat of Hades' destroying the world. Witch was a nice change of pace.
Pit hummed and walked along with Clover as she pointed out different places and signs. They kept going until they reached a place selling drinks. Clover dragged him over, they both ordered something described as 'painfully sweet'.
    "Where are kid's like you heading?" The bar keep asked leaning on the bar with interest.
"Some place REALLY special" Clover explained with a smile as Pit studied the area around them intensively, he never been in such a place.
"Oh really? How do you plan to get there?" The bar keep asked amused by the child and her older brother, of course she didn't know who they where.
"Boat!" Clover chirped kicking her feet.
"Oh! Well that sounds nice, There's a boat dock near the bread shop threw the alleyway right on the right, the man their makes nice canoos." The woman told her writing something down on a piece of paper, "Give this to him, he'll give you a nice one if you give this to him." The woman handed Clover the paper with some words scribbled on it.
"Thank you!" Clover smiled slapping Pit on the arm trying to get him back down to earth after his little day dream. Pit mindlessly took the paper and pulled his back over his shoulder putting the piece of paper inside.
They soon left after Clover chatted a little longer. "Hey Magnus" The Barkeep called.
A man at the table just in front of the bar walked over, a dark cloak dragging behind him. His outfit hadn't changed since the last time he had met the angel. Except the little white wing that was sewn on just below his caller, it was barely noticeable under the dirt that hung onto his outfit. "So, that him or what? Those eyes surely reflect what I would describe as heaven. " The bar keep asked.
"He's the one, kid didn't change a bit since I saw him last. Why's he down here, the kid's god doesn't just throw him anywhere" Magnus muttered sitting down and resting his club on the bar.
"Well, those kids are heading up stream, up to the cave. That's what the girl said, Their meeting 'an old friend' I bet you their next major stop is Lemblux, Town of witches" The bar keep told him.
"How can you tell?" Magnus asked suspicious.
    "That book, any witch would recognize the aura of it. It's meant for fairies wanting to practice, well fairies or very powerful witches. I couldn't use it if I tried" The barkeep explained, "That girl is special and that angel knows it. They will HAVE to go it Lemblux to get her a wand and a charm, maybe a familiar, knowing kids she'll probably get one."
"So meet them in Lemblux?" Magnus questioned.
"Yeah, and get the boy a normal outfit, the spell he is using to change his appearance isn't going to last long and people are going to wonder why there is an kid with wings walking around" The bar keep laughed.
"I'll keep that in mind Martinez." Magnus chuckled dropping money onto the counter before lifting his club over his shoulder and onto his back before walking out of the bar. He was heading to Lemblux, to beat the kid and his little assisted there and to get something a bit more fitting ready for angel face, maybe the little girl something too. He'd have to see what Lemblux had to offer.
If the little girl was so powerful he'd have to keep an eye out, if there was one thing he learned during his little adventures with the angel is that certain things happen because someone was a target. Things don't just happen randomly, there was always a reason even if it was godly.
Magnus took in a deep breath and headed out of town, he passed by Pit and the little girl as he walked. Pit was saying something about the friend of the gods, more concerningly he didn't know what was going on. Magnus didn't know who the 'friend of the gods' was but for the sake of Pit, he hoped who ever they where could help the kid.
He knew what it was like to be without family.
By the way Pit talked about his god, Magnus could tell Pit saw them as a parent. He didn't know how angel families worked but he could see that Pit wanted his.

    "So we have to find the friend so we can figure out what's happening?" Clover asked.
"Yup! She knows almost everything about the gods, she should be able to help us" Pit told her with Clover nodding along.
"Mr. Angel?" "Yes?" "If you exist does that mean fairies exists?" Clover asked. "Fairy is a really big name to call of them but yeah, there's a lot of different kinds of fairies, some of them are nice others... not so much" Clover's eyes lite up clutching at the strap of her bag. "That's amazing!" Clover squiled.
    Pit chuckled lightly, "Come on we have to find that boat place" He insisted. Clover put on a serious face and faced forward, "Yes we do" Her act lasted all of 20 seconds before she took off in a sprint, "Follow me!!" she laughed. It took a second before Pit ran after her laughing, it didn't take long before Pit was right on her heels.
They got there in less the 10 minutes. After they got out of the alley they were met with an old man sitting on an old log.
"What do you want?!" The man interrogated.
"We need a boat, just for a little bit" Pit explained pulling the piece of paper the barkeep gave them and handing to him.
"You talked to Madam Martinez eh, alright." The old man muttered, "If you're looking for a town to go then I recommend Lemblux, it's a nice place to go for people on the more mythical side."
    The old man pulled on a chain and a boat hit the water with a splash.
"Take it where ever you want to go, This will summon to where ever to please." The old man said handing Pit a bracelet, "You seem like a jewelry person anyway." Pit looked confused for a moment before asking
"How did you?" He trailed off.
    "Your spell only works on the non-magic tied, witches can see right threw it" The man laughed. "Here you go boy, the girl can sit up front and you steer from the back it should just flow where ever you want to go no matter where the water is heading.
"Thank you" Pit stated carefully getting in the cano.
    "Remember to go to Lemblux, hand this note to the keep at the inn. She'll tell you everything about witchery, and like yourself, if you are what I think you are, she doesn't age like humans do" The old man laughed handing Pit the note witch he put into his bag.
"Thank you!" Clover smiled settling in at the front of the cano. "Thank you again" Pit said.
    "It's not a problem, just take the stick right there, it's called the helm and use it to steer, comand the boat with your mind and you'll do just fine" The old man told him, Pit nodding along. Pit held the helm and steered away from the shore line.
The boat slowly battled up river at first. They said their last goodbyes and thank yous before it actually moved faster. The boat moved fast threw the river, It was nice.
Pit enjoyed the wind in his face making his hair go wild, of course it would never compare to flying but it was close enough for now.  Just enough.