Chapter 11

(3rd Person)

Francine gulped as she stared at (Y/N) glaring at her with his arms crossed, his foot patiently tapping against the cloud the two were standing on, Francine inhaled nervously before letting out the breath and then clasping her hands together.

Francine: Right! What first?

(Y/N): That's not something a teacher should be asking, you're the one who needs to teach me, so show me what you can do.

Francine: Uh... I'll be totally honest: I've never taught anyone anything.

(Y/N): Right... well, when you activate your Holy Wrath, how do you do it? Is it some feeling? An emotional trigger?

Francine: I haven't used it in a long time, do you really think I can remember memories from when I was younger?

(Y/N): I can easily remember mine.

Francine: Oh yeah!? Why don't you tell me exactly what those memories are Mr I remember everything.

(Y/N): Fine, it starts with my parents being murdered by a devil, meeting Asia, having the orphanage I stay at killed by devils, meeting Raynare and joining her with Asia so we could survive, then I went to Kuoh and so on...

Francine: Wow... I... I didn't think.

(Y/N): What?

Francine: I always thought your hatred for devils was just something you decided one day, a petty grudge.

(Y/N): Petty!?

Francine: Well, most people who say stuff like they'll kill everyone just come across as the kind of person who has a stupid grudge for a really stupid reason. Now, I just see you've got a stupid grudge but for a good reason.

(Y/N): You're still basically calling my grudge stupid.

Francine: Well, no, I just see grudges in general as a stupid thing, what's the point in hate? It'll only cause more problems than resolve the one that caused the grudge.

(Y/N): Sometimes, people can't help but get grudges.

???: I agree with Miss Foster! I find grudges to be foolish as well!

(Y/N) grew a deadpan expression when he felt something sweep him off his feet, Francine covered her face as a strong wind threatened to blow her away. Both slowly looked at the source with different expressions.

Heather: Which is why, little brother, that I will teach you grudges are no way to live at all! Hahaha!

(Y/N): Heather... can't you put me down?

Francine: Yeah, he seems uncomfortable...

Francine's voice slowly died as she suddenly saw Heather's glare on her, her wings slowly corrupting themselves into black once again.

Heather: What were you doing here alone with my younger brother, Francine Foster? Were you perhaps ready to throw yourself at him... taking him away to be wed off and to stop me from seeing him?

(Y/N): What the fuck?

Heather: Language mister!

(Y/N): Oh shut it, as if I care about language.

Francine grew a sweat drop as she watched both Heather's wings turn back to normal and for the two to start arguing as siblings despite the fact they barely know each other. But then, she grew a small smile, chuckling while continuing to observe their behaviour.

Francine: Even though they are total opposites, and they haven't seen each other for years, they're still acting as if they've known one another their whole lives... I guess siblings just share a naturally strong bond, even if it looks the opposite.