Chapter 15

(3rd Person)

As soon as she charged, (Y/N) readied himself for a fight while Francine just gulped and got into a combat stance. However, the fight between three Deity users was interrupted by Heather jumping over and grabbing the nekomata by her neck, only to suddenly slam the girl through the wall and creating another hole much to Michael's chagrin.

Heather: You shall not lay your criminal hands on my precious little brother Kuroka!

Kuroka: Oh ho... Heather Downfall eh? That's just as interesting as the two brats... but unfortunately I can't...

She was interrupted by a blast of concentrated Holy Wrath which seemed to come from Heather as she held her hands together while looking over at (Y/N).

Heather: Stick close with Lord Michael, he'll protect...

(Y/N): Sis... I don't need protection.

With that, both he and Francine ran out to join the others in fighting off the invaders. (Y/N) ran forward and chopped a fallen angel which resulted in causing the angel's head to come clean off its shoulders. The reason for this predicament became clear once the faint line of evil energy could be seen surrounding his palm. Then without turning around, (Y/N) used his sword still in its sheath to block another attack and then turn to slam his leg into the devil's face which caused a sickening crack.

As he turned to fight another, Francine intervened and used her massive Holy Wrath wings to impale three enemies at once before tossing them away, she turned to punch a fallen angel in the face and then raise her leg backward to kick a devil in the face which sent them both flying at the same time.

Francine: How did they even get into heaven!? I thought only angels and anyone of pure heart could get in?

(Y/N): You've lived here longer than me, and you're the one with the questions!? Geez, alright, best guess is their leader, Ophis probably used some spell like Michael and the angels did to me and the rest. Hmm... but I don't see Ophis anywhere.

Francine: You've met Ophis?

(Y/N): I first met her when I lost my parents, now she's trying to recruit me for this insane plan of hers to kill every single lifeform and restart the world. With her as their God of course... oh and she's obsessed with killing a massive red dragon.

Francine: You mean Great Red?

(Y/N): Yeah, anyway, until we find Ophis or whoever is using the spell we'll just need to fight off the Khaos Brigade...

Francine: Heh, that was my plan from the start.

(Y/N): Jesus you're giving me uncomfortable vibes, you've got Asia's face and you're spouting all the opposite words that she'd say.

Francine: Get used to it.

(Y/N) sliced a lone fallen angel that went to sneak up on them, once he sheathed the sword the fallen angel quickly fell.

(Y/N): I still have no idea how I'm a natural with a sword.

Francine: You've had the Relic of Corruption with you your whole life, you just didn't activate it until now... what did you think the Relic would choose an amateur or something?

Francine's necklace glowed and a white light surrounded the three devils that went to attack, suddenly they all fell dead right in front of the two.

Francine: Huh...

(Y/N): Guess the Relic of Grace attacks any who have dark desires towards you, kind of overpowered considering any enemy who attacks you is basically dead... holy crap I could've died when we fought.