Chapter 12

(3rd Person)

It was now late at night, (Y/N) was currently sitting on a lone cloud far away from both the town and the mansion while staring up at the clear starry sky. He sighed before suddenly humming silently, a tune that most people would be familiar with, the humming quickly became silent mumbling or singing.

(Y/N): From the day we arrive on the planet...

He quickly silenced himself once he heard someone's footsteps, he looked up to see Koneko looking down at him with a blank look on her face.

Koneko: What you up to?

(Y/N): Relaxing, calming myself down and remembering memories.

Koneko: You were also singing.

(Y/N): You heard that huh? You must have a hell of a good pair of ears.

(Y/N) noticed that Koneko subtly flinched when he stated that, silence passed between them which made an awkward vibe. The awkward vibe was broken by Koneko sitting next to (Y/N), drawing her knees up to her chest and hugging them closer.

Koneko: What song is it?

(Y/N): Huh?

Koneko: The song... the one you were singing.

(Y/N): Just an old song you don't need to know about. Besides, it doesn't make sense unless you know exactly why that song is the only song I can perfectly remember the lyrics to.

Koneko: You never know unless you say.

(Y/N): Sometimes people can be sure.

Koneko: Can't you tell me? I can easily hide secrets.

(Y/N): Why so curious?

Koneko: I'm always curious. Even if President tells me it's bad for me.

(Y/N): You know what they say: curiosity killed the cat.

Koneko suddenly jumped to her feet which caused (Y/N) to turn towards her with a confused look, he momentarily saw a hostile expression on her face, until she quickly calmed down at seeing (Y/N)'s confused one.

Koneko: Sorry...

(Y/N): You're quite sensitive towards cats. Something happened to one you owned or something?

Koneko: Something like that.

(Y/N): Well, unlike you I never pry into people's secrets unless it has something to do with me. You can keep whatever secret that is, so long as you stop trying to pry into my secret.

Koneko: How do you help someone?

(Y/N): Don't try to change the topic.

Koneko: But...

(Y/N): That person you told me about before... Kuroka was it? I decided to do a little research when I had free time, she's quite famous in the Underworld... but... what the records failed to show on her profile was that she has a little sister. Who do you reckon that could be?

Koneko: Someone who hates her...

(Y/N): Heh. Alright, tell you what... I'll make you a deal: I'll tell you that story of the song. And if you're interested... tell me exactly who that sister is.

Koneko: W-what makes you think that I know who...?

Koneko for once gained a nervous look while swallowing as she saw the sudden glare from (Y/N). With a sigh, Koneko nodded and got herself comfortable.

(Flashback)

In the halls of what appeared to be a church, a young blonde-haired girl wearing a nun's outfit sat in one of the chairs praying to the lord with her eyes closed and a small smile on her face. An older nun appeared from the inside of the church, a big smile on her face when she spotted the little girl.