The Execution

Jhin was wearing an exquisite Piltover suit; onyx black with vermillion red details and a top hat. There were shops all over the place, some had showcases filled with pots and tableware, others had beautiful dresses and shoes. There was one in particular that caught his eye: a little shop in a corner, with a plethora of figurines of anything you could imagine.

He was ecstatic with everything around him; the architecture, the technology, how loud the streets were. He couldn't find a single similarity with his home.

They kept walking, crashing with the crowd. The streets were busier than usual as it was a weekend and a very special one, Sir Feisterly's Fantastical Fair had arrived.

It was almost 6 in the afternoon when the Fair opened its doors. There were so many people wanting to go in that he felt overwhelmed for a moment.

"We must find where Caitlyn is, maybe they have a lookout. I'll have to be careful of not coming upon Vi."

Jonah went in the opposite direction, as Jhin kept walking towards the center of the crowd. In the distance he could see Vi, leaning over a table, analyzing the crowd carefully. Jhin knew she wouldn't recognize him, because she's never seen him without his mask, but he still had to be prepared for any threat.

As he got closer to the main attraction, he caught himself looking at the most beautiful art piece he's ever seen, apart from his own. Her cogs and gears were softly whirring as she delightfully observed the oeuvre that was unfolding in the stage.

"I think I've seen this masterpiece before..." He said as he approached her.

"Orianna?"

When she heard this unmistakable voice, she delicately turned around in amazement. She didn't need to see a mask or a gun to recognize him.

"Jhin"

Jhin took a few steps forward as he made a soft gesture and a bow. He looked up at her as she delicately placed her hand in his. It felt different but it was nothing he couldn't handle, at least not for now.

"Sir?" The boy called for Jhin.

"Uh, excuse me, but I have to go now." He said to Orianna as he kissed her hand.

"Did you find Caitlyn?"He asked as he looked back to where Orianna was standing, losing her in the crowd as she walked away.

"She is over to the other side of the Fair, up in a lookout, by herself."

"Good, Vi is over this side, so there is no way she will interfere with my show."

They both took a shortcut behind all the stands that were filled with people wanting to buy food and odds. He couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier, he never felt like that before, his heart was racing just like when he starts a show.

"I need to see her again." He muttered.

"See who?" Jonah said as he walked over to a corner as they got closer to Caitlyn's lookout.

"It is none of your business boy."

"There she is, up there."

They reached for the stairs that took them right where Caitlyn was, she was looking outside the window, eating an apple as she hummed along to the song played by the band down in the crowd.

Jhin put on his mask as he walked past Jonah, grabbed Whisper and loaded it with four bullets.

"And the curtain rises," He said as he slowly opened the door to the lookout.

"The stage is set."

"Don't think I didn't see you coming," Caitlyn said as she stood up and grabbed her rifle. "What are you doing here Jhin?"

"I don't think that will matter when the show starts."

"It matters to me now, and I fear your show won't even start" Caitlyn loaded her rifle as Jhin prepared to shoot.

"The show never ends!" Jhin said as he shot the first bullet.

Caitlyn could barely dodge the bullet as she shot back at Jhin.

Jhin laughs "You will perform!" as he shot again hitting her hat and making it shreds.

"Jhin, you don't want this, this won't end well for you"

"This is your curtain call my dear."

The Fair was way too loud for people to even notice what was going on up on the lookout. As they shot at each other, and Caitlyn feared for her life, Jhin readied his fourth shot.

"Through my work, you shall transcend."

Everything went quiet as the loudest boom was heard from above.

No more music, no more laughter, just deafening silence...

"Delightful..." He said as he placed Whisper in his jacket.

"This would be easier if blood came in more colors."

He cleaned his hands with a handkerchief as he walked towards Caitlyn's dead body.

"Your life had no value before me." He said looking at Caitlyn's deceased body, bleeding, with her eyes wide open.

He stood there looking down at her, at all the colors and flowers he could see around her as if she was a beautiful painting. That's all he wanted to see, that's all he needed to feel like an acclaimed artist.

He took off his mask as he walked outside, both hid behind a tent as Vi came running towards the lookout with a despairing look on her eyes. The people were all babbling. Jhin was so excited. He couldn't stop smiling because he knew his artwork was going to shock everyone.

"Now the soi-disant sheriff is no more."