Treason

"Finally, the day has come."

"Don't be too thrilled of what we're going to do, my dear."

"I can't live with this and you know it. It's not because I want to feel better about myself... I..."

"Vi, I don't think Caitlyn would want to kill people just because, that's something I do."

"You don't know her, you never did. She's not the one looking for revenge, I am. I need it."

"I thought you only needed me."

She stared at him not knowing what to respond. Nothing would change the fact that she forgot about everything she said before at that moment.

"Now I feel like everything you said before was just to feel better and not true. Is this what you want Vi? Or is it all a mirage? Something you've made up just to get what you want."

"No, Jhin, you don't understand. This is all difficult for me and no I'm not pretending any of this... It's just that I still feel something for her but she's never coming back. Look at it as a closure so I can move on."

"Right, perfect!" He said as he stood up and walked towards the bathroom. "Let's go, we have to get ready for the big night!"

"Are you okay?"

"Of course! I'm great, I'm excited I get to give a show in front of so many people. Aren't you excited too?"

"Uhm, yeah, I think so."

"That's awesome... Perfect."

Jhin is way too good at hiding his feelings, although Vi noticed he was not okay, she let him be, there was no use for her to push him to talk about it. He was still going to help her because everything was already set for the show.

Jhin would barely look at her, he limited himself to just talk about the plan. He was distant as if trying to forget everything that happened in the past few weeks.

The clock was ticking, the time was passing by as if it wanted to run away from them.

"Time to go." Jhin said as he put on his jacket.

"I'm ready." Vi said as she walked out the bathroom holding a black long silky wig in her hand. "I have no idea how to put this on. Would you help me? Please?" She said as she looked at Jhin.

He hesitated for a moment but decided to help her. He tried not to touch her, although it was almost impossible to ignore the fact she was stunning with that red dress.

"Come, sit."

She sat in one of the chairs, he carefully put on the wig as she finished putting on her lipstick. She would look at him through the little mirror she was holding.

"Okay, done. So is everyone ready?"

"The carriage is ready sir."

"Perfect, thank you, Jonah. We've got this."

"You're welcome sir." Jonah said as he grabbed all his belongings and walked past Vi. He didn't say goodbye or anything to her, he never liked her.

"So, I think this is where it all ends." She said as she walked out the door.

"It looks like, yeah. You can go back to your... Normal life."

She sighed as she opened the carriage door and sat in the left far corner. Jhin would sit on the right corner just looking out the window, he would casually tap the window frame with his fingers, he was probably reminding the rhythm to a song.