Chapter 28

Jin

The morning came but it was hard to tell. It stilled looked to be night but I knew it wasn't. Everyone was already up and ready. I passed out a breakfast of fruits and bread.

Hwayoung looked like she just got bitten by a lighting power of energy. She looked pumped up for the mission than anyone did. Later in a few minutes, we set foot into the forest on our way to the Evil Queen's lair.

Our journey was silent and full of pressure. The dark forest was darker and colder deep in it that you could turn into ice. But since our armour were magically blessed with protection, we were lucky to not be turned into popsicles.

A few moments into the forest we were facing a few garbage trolls. Hwayoung once again defeated them like she did before. Still amazing as she is as always.

But I can't help but notice seeing her breathing more irregular in every minute of a moment. My conclusion was that she's just tired.

We traveled deeper into the forest where it gets more risky than earlier. Night came again and we were to rest. We took turns sleeping this time. I leaned onto a tree next to her who leaned on my shoulder sleeping peacefully.

I woke up a few times from her shuddering. I pulled up the blanket more on us and went back to sleep.

Author

Little did Jin knew, and like the rest of them have---except for Yoongi---Hwayoung felt sicker than yesterday since they came. Her body was getting weaker and weaker as time comes.

Everytime she closes her eyes she sees parts of her life where she thought she had already erased them away with the help of a 3 year time of therapy. And everytime she tries to sleep she shudders and cries out of it.

Staying up all night which makes her condition worst. In time when she gets up in the next morning, her body felt like it's been beaten. Every muscle, every bone felt sore and injured. Her heart felt like it was being stabbed a hundred of times.

Her fever seemed to be going higher by the very second. And still no one noticed. In this view, hers and theirs were divided by an enchantment only Yoongi could see through. Like seeing through the mask of a person's true feelings.

Moments of their journey he had watched and kept a close eye on her. He would go and check her temperature even if she said she's fine and force her to where his packed gloves over her own and all of the unusual sort. Which, was very unlike Yoongi to everyone.

He made sure she ate and kept checking her pulse rate that had gotten worse. He was no doctor but he had been learning a little. And everytime one of the others seen him do they'd look at him in confusion as he asks their elfin medic to check her multiple times. And concludes him just being sweet that their faces bring out a smile. Everyone except Jimin though. Bitterly he watches from the sidelines but he kept his patience and forced himself to believe that Yoongi was just worried as a friend to her. And he is still his hyung after all. He respects him so much.

And as they traveled much farther to their enemy's realm, Hwayoung finally made it to a new turning point. One that could end her life in that very moment.

Hoseok

We were walking 5 yards from our previous campsite. I was looking around warily at the darkest parts of the forest. My breath formed thick white smoke in the air, showing how cold it was out here.