Chapter 1

(She's that girl above.)

Author's Note:

Copyright© 2019  by atedoreenz

All rights reserved. Published on Wattpad (Philippines). No part of this book may be used to reproduced in any matter whatsoever without written permission except in case of brief quotation embodied in critical articles and reviews.

This work is all fiction. All characters, organizations and events portrayed by the novel either made from the Author's imagination and other inspirational books, studies and theories of the supernatural.
**********

LAYLANA'S POV

•Day of Prom

Today I woke up late, due to my father knocking me out with some sleep medicine since I have trouble sleeping often. I drug myself out of my comfort bed, grabbing my phone, hooking it up to my bluetooth speaker, playing some 80’s rock.

I went to my bathroom, getting undressed to take a warm shower. I took longer in the shower than usual, singing my heart out like always. About 10 minutes passed and I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself, eventually putting on my silky black cover up.

I dried my hair a little, slowly brushing out my long hair, singing the lyrics from the song Kickstart My Heart, by Motley Crue. I put my slippers on near the shower and danced around a little, having fun.

A while back David ask me to go to his prom with him, and to my surprise my father said yes when I asked about it. It's not often when I go out, but I don't mind, I have plenty to do at home.

David is someone my father thinks is going to be good for me, dating wise or even marriage and I'm not sure how to feel about that, I don't know if I love him, I don't even know what love feels like?

Never once did I understood this thing about arranged marriages, but what is there to say, nothing I can do about it…. I thought a little while going to my closet to put some clothes on, quite simple of course.

I danced over to my dresser and get my makeup started only to hear a knock on my door, making me turn my head that way,

“ Come in.” Our maid Jasmine, smiled softly as she opened the door, looking at me.

“ Good Morning sweetheart, I came to drop off your breakfast, anything else you would like me to do?”

I though for a second and made a face as if I was stuck in my thoughts.

“ Could you do my hair and makeup today?” She grinned, putting my breakfast on my table by my library.

“ Well of course I can hun, anything specific?” I shook my head and sat back in my chair and chuckled, “ Surprise me…”

Off she went pulling all my hair back in a bun, starting with my makeup first.

After 30 minutes she was done  with my makeup and moved to my hair, taking another 45 minutes. We talked the whole time, laughing so much, I nearly cried, but I held it together.