Chapter 28

NORMAL POV

Maria was grinning ear to ear after hearing the news,  she quickly told Rieka about it and about Cole. The seer understood and have her husband find their young Alpha.

While walking to the dungeon she was hoping like a bunny with overjoy. 

"Calm down shorty,  I am much excited as you. " Basile smirked.

The prisoner was wrapped with chains and chained to the walls and floor with blood everywhere. It was obvious that Basile had his tandrum out.

Much to her joy,  she was hurt. She trusted him so much,  that he'll be a big brother to his sister who was her daughter. No less disappointment consumed her.

"Why did you do it? Why James? " her voice in anguish.

His hair was all dirty with dust and blood,  his head took a pretty bad blow and was still bleeding.  He had scars all over,  whipped.

James was crying,  he knew how much Maria puts her trust in him. So as his mother and father but his heart lied and deceived so much for a woman he though was his.

"Adeena's my beloved... I'm so sorry Maria,  I could have told you sooner or later. I kept Lilith a secret. She doesn't know where you are right now though she's having suspicions. "

" And why is that? "

"Adeena may have no access with the werewolf community but... Calden her so called golden ticket!  Fuck that whore! "

"He was mad,  and J. E. A. L. O. U. S... he told me everything. " Basile told Maria with sarcasm. Obviously James didn't want to share his beloved like a normal lust demon would do but with human blood in him. That must have set him off.

"Calden have spies then?  Hmmmm.... James,  can you help me? " she whispered as she removed the chains from James. Her tears trickled from her cheek in a shed it landed on James' hand and he glowed soflty in gold. All of his wound disappeared.

"I want you to continue playing along with Adeena as my spy. "

"I can't it hurts so much!  So much she turned her back at me. The way she screams their name every night!  I hate her!!! "

"Do you want her to die then? "

James was silent...  He thought and sank to his knees.

"Yes... I want her to fear me,  to love me as a monster. I want to treat her how she treated me! "

"Good. "

"What's your offer?  You speak so bold that you can help me when I can't?  Tell me what can you give me?  "

Maria's eyes looked down when Basile patted her shoulder.

"What is it Basile? "

"You know you can't offer your services shorty,  I have that already. " he winked and walked outside the cell door.

"I know what I want! " James said proudly.

"As I can give it to you,  name your price? "

"I want Lilith! "

"James she's far too young. " Maria was furious,  her daughter taken away from her!

"So? " he asks.

"You're both siblings!!! " she argued.

"Step siblings!  Maria it's practically common here!"

"It isn't to me but I willing to wait and have proper courtship. There would be only her and only her. You know I can be trusted,  I've been with Lilith far longer than you. "