Chapter 30

COLE'S POV

It was a huge shock for me to know that Maria used to have a child,  no less a son!  Yet due to circumstances she had with her ex,  the child die. No wonder why she was so eerie and distant to people.

The first time she came here,  the only people she mostly talked with was Laylana still,  she had a wall between them. Though what Rieka close to her?  I don't if Laylana or she thought I won't notice is that she and Rieka get along so well like they're close sisters. What differs between Rieka and Laylana is that the way she talks with them . When it's Laylana,  I mostly hear girl stuff but to Rieka,  it's mature and formal. Perhaps it's their age?  Rieka is older but it's just different. Maria even likes Jasper and play with the kids sometimes,  I get it now why she loves Jasper so much. The child reminds her of her son.

Then there's our relationship,  she's close to me but there's a line in between. I have opened up my secrets to her but she still has hers. What she had was bigger and more problematic than I had. She was married,  the fourth wife!??  How can someone marry again and again under the same roof.  I still have no clues who's her ex is and what her life was then. 

What I only know is that,  she was a consistent honor student in both her private and public education in elementary and high-school but it changed at her last year of junior high.  It state there she was home-schooled though her relatives beg to differ that she was transferred to some distant foreign land. She didn't had any boyfriends in high-school though at the age of seventeen she was married to a stranger? 

It's confusing,  her life is like there's a blank chapter at her life. I wanted to know or desperate even. Understanding her situation now,  I get why she's like that.

Broken,  hurt and empty. She blamed herself for her child's death,  though what I see it's not the case. She was just innocent,  she didn't had any relationships at high school then she quickly marries. It's that loneliness she wanted to fill up,  she wanted to be loved.

I don't blame her,  I was there too. At the Brink of saving ones sanity I almost married Jessica if I didn't end up blind.

Still,  I haven't introduced Maria yet to my Father or mother or any of the pack members. Only my Beta knows and his wife. Right now I don't know where Maria is but Rieka told me to calm down and she'll be back. She was sleeping at my arms as she cried hours ago but now I'm all alone.

"Rieka it's been two hours now. "

"Calm down Cole,  give her some space.  She'll be back I promise plus she's your mate! They always come back to where they belong." rieka grinned at the end.

NORMAL POV

Maria didn't knew how to face up to Cole after telling him she used to have a son. Even how to explain that she had Lilith or she used to be the Queen of Vampires or still held the title. She may have removed her crown but in the eyes of the King and the court with it's people she was still the Queen. She had no chance to be with cole,  especially now that Damian was back for her.

It made her feel weak and pathetic to tremble in front of him and sick to see that bastard.

She did fell asleep and safe in Cole's arms hours ago but she got a message from James that she was need urgently and it was good news to them.

"So in four months time,  Calden will try to take his brother's title as King of Werewolves? "

"Yes and they're waiting for you to attack the pack first by killing the Alpha and his son. " said James.

"We all know that Charles isn't in the pack but still making alliances with the remaining packs. " Maria added.

"Yes and in two days time,  Cole will turn twenty-six having to say a party will be celebrated. Charles will be back,  making it a perfect plan for them to think you'll attack at the party or after. They know you never fail to kill Maria,  they will make a move with or without the Alpha killed. " said Basile.

"It is also a trap to capture you... " James spoke as if it was a reminder.

"Why would they want to catch me? "

"It's Adeena,  she suggested to Calden that you'll make a great breeding slut. "

"That witch,  I swear I would skin her to death! " she screamed in Fury,  thinking how much she's going to make that witch suffered. Because of that witch her son was dead!

"That's not all,  your friend is one of them mentioned. I heard from rumors that the second adopted child of Alpha Charles is really he's legitimate daughter of his mate and is a -"

" a hybrid,  I know. " Maria inserted.

"How did you know? " Basile asked.

"She responded to blood,  she smells funny sometimes,  I tested out her hair samples that I asked from her and lastly... Damian holds grugdes small or big. " remembering that Damian had Rieka chained up in silver in the dungeon cause she broke one of his favorite Ming dynasty pot.

"Alright then,  Cole's birthday is in two days and daddy will be back to be King then in months or less,  Calden will attack. This is a busy schedule for us isn't it? " Basile laughed in amusement.

Maria squinted her brows and sighed out,  walking out of the room and going out for some air.

She knew Alpha Charles was recruiting and having his own kingdom. This was to secure Laylana's safety and safe from Damian's authority.  With soldiers and power he could have war with the Vampires. The only way to prevent it is that she'll go back to Damian and try to ease her husband,  killed or not. It didn't matter anymore she was tied to him as she let him have her.

Sometimes she wandered whether she and Charles are alike,  both of them are doing things to protect their children. In her view,  he was a great dad and. An inspiration to his pack. He was friendly and was full of tactics,  Calden is smarter but careless in things. Charles wanted power to protect sho he loved and Calden wanted power to show off to his father that he was wrong. 

And she?  She fell in love with a broken man who broke her and twas she meet her doom.

Everybody has a story to tell and no one was safe from the pain of life. 

She really didn't know what to do whether to stay with Cole and be happy but her... Or Alpha Charles wouldn't like that for she was the Queen of Vampires. Cole would hate her for it,  she was already mated and have given an heir to the vampire community but since the heir died a second one was thought of an replacement to fill it up. 

Lilith was female and not a prince,  something the vampire monarchy will not take on.  A male heir was needed but in the mean time,  she was there to fill up the empty space. Knowing deep down she can never have a second child of Damian for he was cursed,  she used to be mortal and she was still fertile.

Though they could if Damian's curse will be lifted and raise her son back from the dead. 

That was the tricky part.

Though she read spells and ancient incantations of bringing someone from the dead, a family member of the one who killed the person can be sacrificed if the killer wasn't caught yet. One of the reasons why she went to Laylana's house in the first place.

She needed someone in Calden's family heart out to be offered.

Though it would be better if it was from the killer.

She smirked.