Chapter 9

"Hey Dad! "

"Morning sweetie. "

"Umm Dad I'm kinda expecting a friend coming over... Remember Maria? "

"The tiny human? " he smirked.

"Yeah.... Have you meet her? Personally? "

"No but she did send me an email about her coming over to visit you, can't see her profile pic either or know what she looks like. It's always covered with black puppies or white bunnies! Normally I take precaution of who are your friends but you haven't spoke about her for two years."

She laughed and drank her coffee from the blender.

"Her boyfriend was possessive and doesn't want anyone talking to her. So he cut off our communication."

"Ohhhhhh.. Okay well I'm going to be out for three weeks or more, befriending and attending pack meetings aren't easy ya know. "

"I know papi, good luck. " she kissed his cheek before he kissed her cheek back and leave.

"Don't worry, Rieka's Dad will take the lead while I'm away. "

"Awww why not me! " she pouted.

"Not yet... Just not yet. " he smiled and turned his back then waved.

When the front door closed and Laylana waved her father one last good-bye before his car with his beta and men are gone.

Two weeks of her father not around.

Means she could try to get out.

Closing the door and the door bell rang! 

Opening it she saw Maria in a loose sweatpants, loose shirt and sneakers on her feet. Hair all braided and dead eyes staring at her then smiled.

"Aren't you letting me come in? "

"You goddamn tiny person! " she shriek and pitched Maria's cheeks until they were red and Maria squirming trying not to put too much force to accidentally break Laylana's hands and push the werewolf off as Laylana also controlled her strength of not tearing Maria's face.

"Where the fuck were you yesterday!? "

"I did say I'll try. " she apologetically smile.

"Whatever come on!  I still have some pretzels baked for you in the counter. " her voice rang in glee and pulled Maria in.

When they got in the counter the jar of pretzels were gone and she heard small giggles in the near the small corner of the kitchen. A place she used to hide when she and Cole were little and played hide and seek. He never lost though.

Maria remained silent as she placed her index finger at her lips and her eyes pointing out in the small corner near the kitchen cabinet and boxes.

The other girl nodded and followed her as she walked quietly at the small figure.

"Gotcha! " she yelled but there was only a recorder and the jar was empty.

Hearing small faint feet running in the halls, Laylana laughed and ran towards the little minx to carry Jasper upside down.

"Uncle Cole! " the child yelled.

"Abort mission!  Abort! " he added.

They were now facing Cole's room when the door opens and saw Cole half naked, eating the pretzels with a smirk as he placed them in a bowl with pants loose and showing his v-line.

Maria just stare with no emotion, she was used to Basile walking naked sometimes in his kingdom and his people too still it's uncomfortable for her to see that. With Cole half naked and wet from his shower her eyes show a small flicker of emotions, love, lust and adoration. His scent was pleasing... Chocolate and wet Dew water.. Almost like petrichor... Petrichor!  Damian what the fuck is she thinking about him.