Chapter 9: Showdown at the Vale Docks

(A/N: this is the 9th chapter already! (10th if you count the prologue.) Enjoy!)

Ruby and Weiss walked back to the scene of crime. "It makes perfect sense. She's an old white Fang member! No wonder she felt traumatised. Something must have happened when she was with them."

Ruby nodded. "Yep, and she kept saying 'Adam'. I recognise that name." Weiss raised an eyebrow. "You do?" "Yep his name is Adam Taurus. A Bull Faunus. Known as the most blood thirsty of the litter. He's the leader of the White Fang."

Weiss gaped. "You mean she worked with the leader?!" 

Ruby nodded again. "But I also don't think it's gonna be them. Do you remember what the news showed, the night before I met you?" Weiss nodded. "It showed you stopping a criminal named Roman Torchwick. Do you think it's going to be him?"

"Could be!" They looked up to see Sun suspended upside down from a lamppost by his tail, they also saw a blue haired boy, on the ground, leaning against it. "The guy we interrogated told us everything!" The blue haired boy said.

Ruby grinned. "Hey Sun! We've been looking all over for you! Who's this?"

Sun jumped down and he and the boy did a high five. "Junior detectives!" The boy saluted the girls. "I'm Neptune Vasilias! Sun's best friend and his partner in our team from Haven!"

"Ruby Rose!" "Weiss Schnee." "We're partners at Beacon! I'm the leader of our Team." Neptune gaped. "Wait. You're a Schnee?! I could of guessed because of the hair, but I never thought you'd be around here! Much less, near a Faunus." He quickly raised his hands. "No offence, both of you."

Weiss looked at Ruby who smiled her. "None taken. I ran away from home to come to Beacon, thanks to my sister, Winter and upon arriving I met Ruby. After we formed a team, we started dating."

Sun and Neptune paused to mull over this information. "So you two are a couple? That's sweet! I didn't now that schools aloud that!"

Ruby grinned. "Well people say that. But my sister and I caught the headmaster making out with his secretary!" Weiss blinked. "You never told me that! Did you take pictures?" She asked suddenly. Ruby nodded. Sun gasped. "Seriously?! Lemme see em! And I'll show you all the stuff I found!" The wolf Faunus passed some photos to the monkey Faunus, who along with his best friend drooled. "Damn. That secretary is hot as hell!"

Ruby grinned. "So I don't know about you, but should we get going with our mission?"

"That sounds wonderful!" Everyone turned around screaming. "Sa-Lu-Ta-Ti-On-S!" The ginger and freckled girl with green eyes said cheerfully.

In the Hidden Base

Roman stood in front of the White Fang Grunts gathered in front of him. "Listen up, boys and girls! Your boss hired me to be in charge of those who do the dirty work! And tonight, I found the jackpot!"

The Grunts roared. "We gather at the docks of vale tonight! Hijack the pretty little ship from Atlas, payed for by you know who, and fill our pockets with everything we can carry!" They roared again. "And if you see a crew member?" The grunts fell silent in confusion. "FILL EM FULL A HOLES!!" The grunts roared even louder.

"To business! Time to bag that dust!" The grunts roared and ran out the room.

Behind Torchwick, three figures were watching. "Not bad. That guy is good at his speeches." Adam muttered. Cinder humphed. "They'll lose confidence immediately once they see, you know who." Adam groaned. "It's just a wolf cub! What's so horrible about her?!"

"She took out my men in an instant." The third figure deadpanned. "And, as Cinder told me, her speed is beyond compare!"

Adam laughed. "You're underestimating my men Junior. A hoard of Faunus is a tank compared to a handful of your men." He then glared at both of them, through his mask, intimidated both with ease. "So shut it." He walked away.