Chapter 14: Menagerie

Blake's ears twitched. "We're here!"

The duo hopped off. "Dang, this place is beautiful!" Yang shouted excitedly.

Blake: this place is the origin of all Faunus. A land of peace, most of everyone here has either had enough of the WF or retired. My parents live in the capital city of Cocoana.

Yang: Oh yeah, you once said your dad was in WF as well right? Was he the first or the second?

Blake blinked then realised where her girlfriend was going. "The first. He has, what the higher ups in the WF these days call, a heart that's too soft."

Raven: understandable.

Yang and Blake squeaked and turned around. "MOM?! What're you doing here?!" Yang cried.

Raven: spying on my daughter during her date.

Blake: then shouldn't you stay hidden?!

Raven shrugged. "I got bored. And Ruby and Weiss are too cute together to be around so I had to escape before I die of cuteness."

Blake sighed. "Just stay out of trouble."

Yang: Even with a warning, she'll cause trouble.

Raven held up two fingers. "Peace."

Yang sighed. "Come on Blake! Hope onto bumblebee!"

As they drove off we could see a small pirate ship in the distance. Luckily it didn't seem to have any interest in the island.

They reached the Capital City...

Their bike screeched to a halt.

Yang: woah! You live here?! Where's your house? Is it that one? How about that one down there?

Blake blushed. "um... it's..." she moves Yang's hand towards the biggest house, in the middle of the region. "...that one."

Yang was speechless. "Your... a rich girl?" Blake winced. "Yes and no... my parents are the chieftains of the Country."

Yang gaped. She let out a small squeak from her open mouth.

Raven, who was in her bird form, watched them from the trees. She was gaping also. 'My second future daughter in law, is the daughter of Chief Ghira?!'

They walked up to the front door.

Blake was about to knock on the door. She stopped.

Yang: What's wrong?

Blake: ...it's just been a long time since I've seen my parents.

Yang grinned. "That shouldn't keep you! Go on! Knock away!"

Blake swallowed and knocked on the door. A loud bang resounded.

Yang and Blake flinched. "Ok, be honest? That was a little intimidating!" Blake gulped. "I'm even more scared now..."

A cat Faunus woman opened the door. "Uh, is something the matter?" She asked, seeing the two Faunus girls on the doorstep.

Yang nudged Blake forwards. "Um..." the woman squinted, then gasped. "Blake??" "...h-hi! Mom!"

The woman, Kali, rushed forwards and hugged the life out of the girl. "Oh my baby girl!" Blake went rigid before hugging her back. "You're hugs not as harsh as Yang's!"

Yang grinned. "Aw I'm hurt!" Kali then looked at the Dragon Girl. "Are you a friend of Blake's?"

Blake swallowed nervously. "G-Girlfriend, actually."