Chapter 2

August 29, 1988

Richie gulped down cool water from a glass, dehydrated from not being able to drink anything all day. His mother, Maggie, was out of town on a business trip, so Wentworth took this as an opportunity to lock Richie up in his room without food or water because "his pathetic ass deserved it". Wentworth had an interesting relationship with his son, one which involved physical and verbal abuse whenever Maggie had her back turned.

Of course, Richie had to find some sort of loophole, or else he would have surely died by now from malnutrition. What a shit situation, he thought bitterly.

Maggie was coming back in exactly four days, and Richie felt like it was going to be alright once she walked through the door.

Wentworth was out at the store at the moment Richie had snuck downstairs to get some water and an apple from the refrigerator. He would be back in minutes, so Richie quickly ran up the stairs and into his room. He locked the door and at the apple as quickly as he could, hoping Wentworth took his time on his way home.
~
September 1st, 1988

"Eddie bear?"

"Yeah ma?" Eddie rolled out of bed, quickly throwing a hoodie over his head.

"Are you ready for school yet? The bus will be here in five minutes!" Sonia Kaspbrak's heavy footfalls were heard throughout the quiet household as she made her way to the stairs.

Eddie quickly threw in a pair of black jeans to match his burgundy sweatshirt. He looked down at his arms sadly, making sure they had scabbed over during the night, lessening the pain slightly. Eddie grabbed his backpack and walked slowly down the stairs, dreading the mess waiting for him in the kitchen.

"Eddie honey, you have everything right? Your inhaler, Fanny pack, medications." Sonia walked over to Eddie, fussing with him.

"Yes mom I have everything" Eddie walked towards the door and slipped on his converse before leaving the house. Eddie walked towards the bus stop, noticing for the first time that another boy stood there.

Eddie had only recently started taking the bus, so he wasn't surprised to see another person standing where he usually waited.

Eddie thought nothing of it and continued walking, hoping today would be a decent day of school.
~
The bus came rolling up the street and Richie sighed. He then noticed another boy walking towards him. He didn't know there was another person who lived in his neighborhood and was at his bus stop, so naturally he was confused. Richie usually rode his bike to school, however he passed the bus stop almost everyday, so he was slightly curious to see who this boy was.

Richie looked over to see a small boy, maybe 5'4 in height, with short, feathered brown hair falling over Bambi brown eyes. His eyes were huge, making him look scared, and the boy had freckles dotting his cheeks and forming clusters around his nose.

The boy looked up at Richie, and their eyes met for a split second before Richie looked away quickly and stepped on the bus. The boy followed him, and Richie walked quickly to the back, finding a seat next to his best friend Bill. The mystery boy sat towards the middle of the bus, next to another boy with extremely curly hair who held a book with various birds on the cover.

Richie hoped he could have a chance to maybe talk to the boy one day, however he was unsure of why he felt such an attraction to him.

As the bus lurched forward, Richie opened a window and looked at the land passing by. A small cherry blossom flew through the open window and landed on Richies lap, it was the same color as the mystery boys burgundy hoodie.

Wow I'm back:) it's been wayyyy to long!!! I'm sorry I abandoned this page but I am back and I have some ideas for this book which I'm really excited about but I hope you guys enjoy it and read it! Anyways I should be posting the next chapter before next weekend because school ends for me this week.
-Emma:)

Word count: 702