Chapter 7

Eddie looked in the mirror, huffing in annoyance.

"I look ridiculous." Eddie soft voice carried down the hall to where Beverly was standing in the bathroom.

Eddie was looking in his mirror, his eyebrows drawn together as he took in his appearance.

Beverly had come over, as she promised she would, and insisted on helping Eddie get dressed. She had made him pull on a pair of tiny red shorts, which he had never had the confidence to wear, and a white shirt with red along the neckline and armholes. Eddie felt too exposed, his legs looking longer than normal because of how the shorts were resting on his thighs.

Beverly walked back into the room, a small smirk on her face. She wiggled her eyebrows at Eddie, who gave her a pleading look.

"Bev I can't wear this, I look stupid." Eddie pleaded lightly with Bev, knowing this was a fight he wouldn't be able to win.

"Eddie, you have to wear it! Get out of your comfort zone a bit, it couldn't hurt." Bev had a tone of finality in her voice, alerting Eddie that there was no way out of the situation.

Eddie huffed, "Can I bring a jacket at least?"

"Fine, bring this one." Bev handed Eddie a black and white adidas jacket, which Eddie looked at apprehensively.

Eddie slid his arms in the hole and wrapped his arms around himself protectively.

"Okay, it's time to go, Richie will be here soon." Bev checked her watch and looked up.

Eddie looked in the mirror, hating his reflection.

He hugged Bev, even though she was stubborn and often difficult, he loved her. In a friend way.

"Thanks bevvie, you didn't have to come do this for me." Eddie lightly tapped his foot on the ground, his anxiety levels rising.

Eddie walked out of his room and down to his front door. He slid on a pair of red converse that matched his outfit, and sat in his kitchen to wait for Richie.

Eddies mom wasn't home, because she had been working night shifts a lot lately, giving Eddie more time to himself in his house, which wasn't necessarily a problem for Eddie, because he could have friends over more often now.

Suddenly, a knock came from the door. Eddie stood up quickly, and hurried over to the door. Why was he so nervous? He was only hanging out with Richie.

Eddie only hung out with Bev and Stan usually, making this scenario a bit different.

Eddie opened the door, and saw Richie waiting on the steps.

Richie looked Eddie up and down, taking notice of the shorts which barely covered his thighs. Richie looked up at Eddie, a small blush dusting his cheeks.

"You ready to go Eddie Spaghetti?" Richie averted his eyes from Eddie for a second, blinking quickly. He shifted around a bit on his feet.

Eddie took no notice of what Richie was doing and simply walked out of his house, closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, uh what's up with you?" Eddie attempted to start conversation, even though it was feeble.

Richie shook his head, "nothing much, I uh- just hanging out with you I guess."

Eddie smiled to himself, hoping the night would go smoothly.

He walked out and sat in the passenger side of Richie's car, trying desperately to come up with conversation starters.

Richie came around the other side, putting the key in the ignition.

"Time to go to the diner I guess." Richie looked at Eddie with a warm smile on his face.

Eddie felt suddenly at peace. He didn't understand exactly why, but it was a feeling he could get used to.

Ugh my updates are so slow, but I'm in a summer class for my school and it just ended so I've been writing this chapter for a while:( I'll be writing another chapter and hopefully finishing it by next Wednesday because I'm going on a vacation. Anyways feel free to comment and stuff, especially if there are editing mistakes in the story.

-Emma

Word count: 680