Chapter 6

A.N.: In this chapter something actually happens woohoo! Sorry if the last chapter was a bore...

Warnings: mention of blood, mention of nudity

It would have been an unfair fight if it wasn't for the magic they threw at each other. Forming weapons, attacking and defending, both showed off what they were capable of.

After what seemed like hours they both lay next to each other on their backs, facing the ceiling, breathing heavily.

Hurting and healing likewise with nothing but their magical abilities was very much draining for both, though Ivy was more exhausted than Loki. She was sure he knew that, but he hadn't acted upon it, which did not surprise her much. They both had had a couple chances to end each other, but both had refused to do it.

However only Ivy knew that she had indeed taken the difficult road by not using her strongest weapon, the very core of what she thought herself to be. If she would have, there would have been no holding back anymore and Loki would have died, along with Ivy's soul. And she would never let that happen. Not again...

So they just lay next to each other, panting and listening to the other's drumming heartbeat.

"I don't despise you as badly as other beings." Loki finally spoke up.

"Aw, I like you too." Ivy laughed breathlessly. Repressing it was what had truly exhausted her, but she would gladly let Loki believe that it had been their fight.

Suddenly they heard a shout of horror and then heavy footsteps approaching the cell. Both Loki and Ivy lifted themselves up to rest on their elbows and looked towards the wide eyed guards who stood in front of the barrier-sealed walls, gaping inside.

"Well, hello there!" Ivy said overly excited and in a high pitched voice, making Loki chuckle lowly.

The guards on the other hand only stared around the interior of the cell until their eyes fell upon Ivy and Loki on the ground. Of course Loki knew what caused their staring; the once white walls of the cell were now covered in blood. It was smeared and pooling everywhere, even the ceiling. To the guards it must have looked like a slaughterhouse.

Loki knew they had kind of overdone it during their fight, but there was nothing left of it that hadn't long before been healed. One of the many benefits of magic and good practice.

Loki had to admit that it amused him to see the guards irritated like that. As a child he had enjoyed creating illusions just to annoy them and he still did enjoy it. Only that this time, it wasn't an illusion.

"We need to report this incident to the king..." One of the guards said to his fellows before they all hurried off into different directions.

"We should get out of this cell before they return." Loki murmured while standing up. Ivy stretched her hand out for him to help her up, but Loki ignored her, barely rising an eyebrow at her antics.

"I do have a plan, but you will have to trust me. Can you do that?" He asked instead.

Ivy nodded slowly, though remaining seated on the ground as she still felt shaky from exhaustion. For some strange reason she had no doubt that she could trust Loki, unconditionally. "What do I need to do?"

Loki only smirked slyly and in Ivy's eyes he looking utterly compelling by doing so.

When the guard came rushing back a few minutes later, having gotten order from the allfather to bring Loki to him immediately, they once again stood and stared into the cell. It was pitch black, holding a darkly opaque smoke inside.