Chapter 9

Warning: kinda graphic content, violence, blood (not too bad tho)

Ivy remained standing exactly where she was, closing her eyes for a short moment, breathing away the feelings that wanted to surface so badly. Who was she kidding, it had been too nice to be true. She had promised herself to not let anyone ever get close to her again. And of all people who could possibly break down her walls it of course had to be the only person in all the nine realms who was about just as broken and complicated as herself.

To hell with it, she didn't even really know the man! They had been in this mess for roughly a day and she was already this desperate for him. And you call HIM a loser...

This was just stupid and Ivy rolled her eyes at herself. Only a few hours back they had been at each other's throats and he had been a total jerk. A hot jerk to be honest, but nonetheless a jerk. The teasing had been fun and games and all, but that's not saying anything. Ivy sighed to herself and chewed on her bottom lip. Why had he even gone with her in the first place? Not to mention the dancing.

Ivy could still feel his hand on her back as if it had left a lingering, burning print. Great.

She should really go looking for him or he will get his godly ass into prison again. As she made up her mind, she walked out of her hideout and into the nightly forest.

Once Loki had left the opening and stood in the forest once again he already missed her warmth. And her endless babbling. And her eyes. He frowned at himself angrily. Why had he let her get that close to him? She definitely has gotten under his skin and he couldn't really help it. Eventually, she would only hurt him. Or worse, he would hurt her... He feared that even more. Because despite his love for making people miserable, he just couldn't let himself be the reason for her to be miserable.

For once in his life he wouldn't be selfish. For once, he would put someone else's wellbeing over his own, even if it hurt him.

He would spare her the pain of finding out that he had been right all along: he was not a nice man. He was despicable; dangerous and mischievous and utterly broken and messed up. And honestly, she deserved better than the turmoil that was loving Loki.

Surely she hadn't become too attached to him after only a day. He hadn't given her all that much reason to like him after all.

But he would miss her. Terribly so, it annoyed and pained him equally. So he went to the only place he knew where she wouldn't follow. Unless she was completely and hopelessly stupid.

Ivy stood in the darkness, thinking. Loki was a smart person, beyond smart actually. He would certainly not go back to the palace. On the other hand, he wouldn't go to a place where she could easily follow him. One certain place popped into her head immediately and she rolled her eyes. That genius bastard... She made a mental note to never tell him of something that bothered her ever again. Though now she had a plan where to go. And she had a plan on how to find him.

It didn't take her much to bring herself into the city. And even less to change her shape into that of a by common standards highly attractive woman. Long blonde hair, tall, thin, large blue eyes and big... well, other body parts. In her opinion she looked stupid, but the hungry glances she was already getting proved otherwise. Once she had made sure her disguise was good enough, she went on to finding Loki. Knowing him even to the slightest, Ivy was led to assume the worst. Thus, she walked around the city for a while, trying to find the busiest, most crowded bar around. On her way through the streets, she felt highly exposed. Almost every male she came across stared at her like a predator would ogle its prey. Some women did too, actually, but Ivy didn't discriminate. She despised all of them, regardless their gender or skincolor. Some even whistled after her or shouted rude comments.