Chapter 7

And in an instant, Loki pulled away, standing up straight and turning his back towards her. In his hand he carried a book he had just collected from his bed.

Jerk... Ivy thought. But two could play at that game and so she got up from the bed.

"If your royal highness doesn't mind, I will also take a bath now. In your bathroom." She said sweetly. "Well, actually... I will take a bath now whether you mind it or not."

Then she started undressing painfully slowly while walking over to the bathroom. Her back was facing towards the balcony where Loki had taken a seat on the railing.

Ivy was more than sure he was watching every move she made and she couldn't help herself but enjoy it. Once she had stripped down to only her bare skin, she had reached the bathroom door.

"Like what you see?" She teased in the same tone he had previously used. Turning around in an instant, she just caught a glimpse of Loki ogling her before he averted his eyes back towards his book so quickly she would have almost missed it in the first place.

"Coward." She smirked before throwing the door to the bathroom shut behind her.

Well, that had been rather bold of her and she was proud of it. With the same broad smirk she looked around the bathroom, only to find that indeed the word was very true to its meaning. In the middle of the room was a great grand pool with steaming hot water in it. A few steps led down into the water. The smirk faltered from her face and she admired the view. This truly is a bath for a king. Or a queen... And now, she would enjoy every second of it.

Outside, Loki was still sitting on the railing of the balcony smirking to himself. She was such a tease... And she knew how to fight, she had proven that much in the cell. In his opinion, this made her all the more attractive. She had proven herself of use to him while escaping... Maybe he should keep her around.

But she had been right, he needed to leave the palace once again. As if that was news to him... Only that usually his plans included some comfort and circumstances worthy of his divine needs and expectations.

Now that, for once, he truly hadn't brought the situation upon himself, he needed to improvise. At the thought he stopped short. This must indeed be the first time he hadn't brought his fate upon himself. He was, more or less and up for definition, innocent. The thought bugged him for he enjoyed being the master of his own fate.

And yet here he was, waiting for the sassy girl to be ready to leave. How foolish of him. He should just leave and be responsible for his own fate alone, no matter how desirable and tempting the current state of affairs was.

But if he wanted to redeem himself from this mess, he needed her. If he ever wanted to be left alone, first and foremost by the allfather himself, he needed her. And if she wanted to ever live in peace again, without him nor anyone bothering her, she would need him as well. So despite his disliking of the word, they ought to be partners now.

Then, as if to purposely distract him, he saw the rags that once had been her clothes neglected on the marble floor and a devilish smile came to his lips.

When Ivy had successfully scraped the blood off her body, finished healing her wounds and bruises and spent a little extra time simply letting herself drift in the hot water, she finally felt ready to face Loki again. But she didn't look forward to having to wear her dirty clothes again. She cursed herself for not taking them into the bathroom with her, even a little improvised wash in the pool would have helped a great lot. But giving Loki the opportunity to make fun of her was not part of the plan. Thus she sighed and stepped out of the pool.