Chapter 19

"What?" Odin asked in utter irritation, his eyes flickering between Loki and Ivy.

"I said that I wish to marry Ivy. Here, in the palace. Today. So tonight you can banish us and be rid of us forever." Loki was still looking at Ivy with a calm face, but she could see so many emotions in his eyes it almost made her gasp. "That is if she wants me." He added quietly.

Ivy didn't know what to say at first. With her lips slightly parted, she stared into his eyes and he stared back.

"Of course I want you! Stupid question..." She finally breathed and a smile fell onto her lips, making her face shine with utter amazement. Loki smiled back adoringly for a short moment until Odin spoke up once more.

"Why should I marry my son off to a criminal?" Odin's voice was dark and sinister. "She is a monster, Loki! Don't you know what they say about her in the city? Has she told you about the horrible things she has done in the past?"

Loki turned around to him, his face hardening once more. "She is no more monster than I am."

"So you have made your decision then?" Odin sighed. There was no way arguing with Loki if he had set his mind onto something.

"Yes."

"Then have it your way. I accept the proposition. We have a deal." He held his hand out for Loki to take, which he did.

Ivy for once decided to say nothing at all. This was between the two of them and she could only show her hatred for the allfather, which would do nothing to help.

"Thor?" Ivy finally asked, looking at the large man to her left. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, sorry, I... I will miss you two." He said with a sad smile. "But then again... I couldn't think of a better match for Loki and I'm happy for the two of you. It's all... rather sudden."

"Thank you." Ivy smiled slightly. "I promise we won't try to rule over Midgard."

Thor's laugh thundered through the room. "Maybe you should try so I can come to earth and kick your ass!"

"You're welcome to come kick our asses any time." Ivy winked.

Everything happened rather quickly from that point on. Ivy was dragged off by a few guards and maids who insisted to put her into some silly dress. It had been Odin's condition that if one of the princes was to marry, they had to do it the proper way. Thus Ivy soon found herself in the custody of three maids who were forcing her into a dress, doing all sorts of things to her poor hair and Ivy could barely stop them from putting color on her face.

"You must be very excited!" One of them said sweetly.

"Excited to be over with this procedure, yes..." Ivy whispered under her breath.

"I must admit, I have always had a serious crush on the prince..." Another one giggled.

"But who hasn't! He is gorgeous; every female in Asgard is all blushy around him. If only he wasn't as... weird. Too bad it's all looks and no character." The third one said, looking down at Ivy judgingly and pulling a little too forcefully on her hair. "I'm sure he's compensating for something with those horns on his helmet..." They all giggled.

"Oh if only you knew..." Ivy sang quietly, smirking to herself.

Finally, when she was released, she was dragged in front of a mirror.

"Well, don't you look pretty!" One of the maids cheered.

"I think he could have chosen a prettier bride." The next mumbled, but Ivy chose to ignore her.