Chapter 17

Later, when they had gotten dressed and laid down on the blankets once more, the sun was already about to rise.

Soon they both drifted off into a pleasant sleep, all wrapped up in each other's embrace and a comfortable darkness they had brought over their little corner.

Once they woke back up the sun was starting to disappear.

"Oh shit..." Loki grumbled and sat up against the stone wall. "We gotta meet Thor in the gardens."

Ivy also sat up and smiled at him. "I'm surprised!"

Loki frowned at her while stretching out the sore muscles of his arms.

"You know, I have never really seen you sleep before. I' surprised you sleep at all!" Ivy laughed and rose to her feet.

"I only allow myself to sleep around people I'm comfortable with." He followed her example and strode towards the exit of the opening. "Which basically is just me. Well, and recently also you."

Ivy grinned and took Loki's hand once she came to stand next to him. "Let's go then!"

She brought them to their meeting point and their sudden appearance scared the already present Thor, making Loki snort. "After all these years, I would assume you've gotten used to the magic." He mused.

"It only takes me by surprise that you've actually found a friend." Thor countered, looking at Ivy and Loki's interlaced hands. "But as I see, she might be more than a friend."

"That's absolutely none of your business." Loki responded calmly, though not letting go of Ivy's hand.

"What news do you have that you couldn't have told us yesterday?" Ivy asked with a sigh.

Thor started smiling. "I talked to our father..."

"Your father..." Loki rolled his eyes, but Thor ignored him.

"I spoke to him and he is willing to accept Loki back at the palace." Thor said happily.

"And what about Ivy?" Loki asked in a serious tone. "Like I said before, if there's any chance they arrest or harm her again I will never set foot into the palace again."

"Well... She has hurt so many people and killed quite a few more..." Thor looked down to his feet. "You know how father is. He doesn't want a criminal in the palace."

Loki let out a sinister laugh. "Well, then he certainly doesn't want me either."

"No, he doesn't, to be honest. But he said that maybe if you talked to him and apologized..."

"You will not apologize to that man!" Ivy said sternly, looking to Loki. "He has done nothing to deserve your apologies and forgiveness. He hurt you and he locked you away without reason!"

Loki grinned proudly, looking back at Thor. "See? Even Ivy thinks he's wrong."

Thor rolled his eyes. "Just do it and then you can come back. I know he's done you injustice... But can't you just forget that for once?"

"Let me think...." He lifted his hand to his chin, sarcastically exaggerating the gesture. "Nope, not gonna happen!"

"He won't allow both of you in the palace. He's grateful for what you did, Ivy, but he is worried about the message it might send to the people if he let you into the palace." Thor sighed. "He will have everyone looking for you if you decide to stay here in the wilderness, but he will most definitely kill you when you come near the palace. Both of you, if you do not wish to separate."