Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - The Real Him

She started mixing the batter that was added for the cake specially for the person she admired. Everything she's doing always makes her heart race due to the fact that she was going to give him this. And also, maybe, she could confess to him as well.

It was difficult to choose whether to do it or not, but she didn't want to lose this chance. She wants to find a special someone.

Ochako knew she was doing this too quickly and also knowing that Izuku was a working man so he may not be in his youth and that the age gap would be the barrier between the relationship but she wasn't confirmed with his age so she's going to try to ask him for it.

Now that she thought of it, she's still in highschool and she's going too far with these kinds of things. It didn't feel right but she just pushed those doubts aside and tried to straight up face to her own fate.

As she placed the finished batter in the oven and set the timer. She then cleaned up the place with a cloth and wiped away the chocolate smears all over the table.

After tidying up the place, she ran inside her room and went inside the shower.

Yes, of course, she showers. But her appearance was caused by the lack of treatment. The last time she went to a hair saloon was never. She didn't have time or didn't care about that. She didn't have enough money either.

So it pains her to admit that she was poor since there wasn't anyone at all to support. The most amount of money she had last time was like about $190. And it was enough of save up for school fees, her food for survival and some toiletries. Nothing else.

Ochako managed to get one good cellphone as a gift from her manager, Iida. It was a surprise gift for working at the place for almost 2 years and also because she didn't have any phone.

She started working at the age of 15 and was glad that Iida actually allowed her to work part-time at that kind of age. Other jobs just rejected her offer.

After finishing showering, she went inside out and dried her hair with the towel. Her hair was too long and thought she needed a haircut. There wasn't any suitable scissors for her to cut her hair so she just let it slide.

It was a huge obstacle to comb her hair especially, that's why she sometimes never bother to comb it at all, that's why her hair became so frizzy as it made her looked like she never showered.

But she had to. This was a special day first of all so she tried her best to look as nice as possible. She combed her hair for good long 20 minutes. It was that hard. After she's done, Ochako checked her results and never had she thought she looked good for once.

Maybe she should try to do better next time. After that, she added some of her cheap make up on her face. Only a bit, since she's not really a fan of make up. Finishing up the make up, she then chose her dress.

She didn't have any nice dress, they're all just cheap, dark, and dull clothes that she bought in the thrift shop somewhere in town.

But a dress caught her eyes at the end of the closet. A dress that took her attnetion. It was an old dress when she was still 12. She still had it when her grandma was still taking care of her and was still with her.

It was yellow sun, sleeveless long dress she used to wear on her friend's birthday party, the one that went missing.  She hoped it still fits her since it was a really pretty looking dress but she just didn't want to wear it anymore.

This is a special and important day, of course.

She took it out of her closet and tried it on. No doubt, it was a bit tight but it was like those fitting clothes. It fits her just right. Her body was getting skinnier and skinnier since she wasn't eating properly and she looked like a dead stick walking but she was glad it surprisingly still fits her.