Chapter 20: Retaking

Jensen swept across the bloodied battle field, his blade held firmly in his hands, cover fires from the crossbow wielders and a few more bladesman alongside him. His blade had made an almost infinite contact with pale skin, red flesh and white bone, revealing zero mercy with every slash, every hack, every slice.

  Dancing through the village, painting grasses red and landing almost countless coup de grace to his enemies, making sure that the flash of his blade would be the last thing his enemies saw.

  "Head towards the church!" They're outnumbered and that's the safest zone." Jensen commanded. "Aye!" The group yelled from behind. "Storm out!" He continued his series of calls and commands. The noise of trapdoors burst across the spring villages, and the series of clanking metal echoed across the grass tiled streets.

  Jensen led the charge, the steel of his blade gleaming under the illumination provided from the blazing midday sun, a few quick strokes brought him several paces further. The Arbiters never seemed to run out, they never, one after another killed and one after another replaced, he wondered how can they get so many to be recruited into this twisted society, this twisted nation, this, once again caged world, which is once again controlled under senseless rules, no senate like the Athens were present, no parliaments, no governments, just a society that dictates all, one that dictates all and completely robbing away the freedom given to men, completely.

  Jensen thought of this always, which always slowly flare his spirit, the cinders that never stopped burning, it was for his wife, for love, for a family, for his friends, transforming to fighting for his village, for his freedom and now, for the world, and the flames never die out, it never did, when his consciousness still stays, it continues to burn.

  "Cowards." He muttered as he slashed down the blade, the steel flashed for an instant and blood sprayed, the screams of cowardice reduced into a croak as the steel drive deep into the throat. "Obstacles." He muttered again, this time the blade sliced mercilessly into the stomach of an Arbiter, as he dropped his weapon, another heavy blow with his blade's hilt sent the Arbiter sprawling onto the ground, only his body weakly convulsing and another hand clutching his wound, another stab into the neck ended that worthless life.

  Jensen headed towards the church, closing in in a fast pace, no Arbiter shall survive, and it shall be reduced to the lowest number possible.

***

  It almost took all mental and physical strength for Jim to perform an extremely easy task, controlling his eyelids. Opening it took so much effort, so much power, so much will but still, he managed. Dizziness and headache hit him like a tsunami, ringing in his ears, spinning images and unsubsidable pain throbbing on his temples.

  He forced himself to look around, lifeless bodies scattered all around, villagers his enemies killed, most with bulletholes on vital spots, others with grotesque gaping wounds cause by a forceful cut of steel. The sacrification for their village, seemed foolish, yet brave and noble. Jim tried to search for signs of pain over his body, no, nothing except for the seemingly endless throbbing pain pumping in his head, good thing the impact sent him into a blackout instead of any injuries.

  A pair of footsteps approached steadily, the chimes of metal on the soldier's boots made a fresh noise with every step, Jim held his breath, the absence of the noise of his breathing emphasized the pain, somehow, he managed as the Arbiter steadily check every body for signs of life.

  Jim opened half an eye for vision, watching carefully as the Arbiter check every body precisely, no way he could fake a death with a beating heart. After a few bodies, the Arbiter moved towards him, Jim only looked at one direction, and tried not to blink or even move the pupils by a little. 

  Closer and closer the Arbiter moved with steady pace, and soon, he stepped into the line of no return. Jim instantly lash out a kick as soon as the Arbiter took a step into his leg's range, the hooking kick sent the Arbiter sprawling onto the muddy grounds, briefly stunned, Jim climbed up to his feet quickly and slammed his elbow into the helmet of the Arbiter, buying him more time for a kill. The sudden movements increased the fading pain, emphasizing it again.

  Jim drew the pocketknife from his enemy's vest pocket, but the Arbiter recovered fast from the impact, he grabbed Jim's weapon hand and attempted to twist it but Jim already drove a fist into the wrist of his enemy, forcing him to emit a yell of agony. Jim threw a barrage of punches to the Arbiter's chest, the hard plastic sending pain to his knuckles but not more than the pain he is offering. With a grunt, he kicked forcefully into the Arbiter's genitals.

  The Arbiter screamed again but it was mostly muffled by the helmet, the pocketknife skidded away from both of their grasps. The Arbiter kicked Jim in the lower leg, sending him sprawling to the ground as well, unarmed, the Arbiter proceed towards the pocketknife as his main weapon, a combat rifle was struck away by Jim. Jim, taking the more efficient choice, yanked a piece of wood from the barnyard floor right behind him.

  Jim sprinted towards the Arbiter, as his enemy spun around confidently with the pocketknife in hand, the plank of wood slammed into the helmet, splintering and sending the Arbiter falling again. "No more wasting time." He mumbled and jumped on top of the Arbiter, slamming the head repeatively until the wood breaks and stab the sharp slinters of the wood into the neck, the enemy still struggle as the splinters penetrate the flesh of his throat and blood oozed from it, the senseless fighting died out after a few seconds, the life flowing out with his blood.

  Jim stood, took heavy breaths and gazed across the plains towards the church, and a few groups of Arbiters closing in from behind, wielding guns, skilled, the orange armband symbolizes a veteran, and now, at least ten of them.

  Worry spread through Jim, it was a trap all along, the first wave of soldiers were just bait, and now the veterans, pretty much possible to wipe out every single villager, perhaps Jensen could survive this, his skills are beyond comparison, but with the loss of the village, its too hard to start over again, the revolution they planned so long for, would be crushed.

  "Its a trap." He muttered. Jim picked up the Arbiter's rifle, and sprinted at full speed back into the village.

Sorry I haven't updated it for sooooooo long but the chapters will keep on coming no matter what hahah~ Thanks for reading, thanks for supporting and I appreciate you all.