Essay Due

PSA: Guess who's back?! It's been a LONG time since I've worked on this story... but I thought I'd give it another go! I'm sorry for the very long hiatus! Forgive your terrible author 😭 (btw, I had to go back and reread everything I wrote because, haha, I forgot what I wrote)

A/N: Also while writing this I had almost 3,000 words written and my fucking computer didn't save it. So my dumbass had to rewrite everything!!

Kate's POV

Monday morning I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I groaned as I swung my arm over to my bedside turning the loud ringing noise off. A few seconds later I heard a slight knock on my door. "Whaaat?" I growled. The door opened up to reveal my brother. "Bug? Are you up yet?" He half whispered, "I'm getting there" I said yawning. "Okay well when you get ready come downstairs" "that's the plan" he laughed at my crude sarcasm and walked out closing the door behind him, he knew I wasn't a morning person, at all. I got up and stretched only to immediately regret it, my back was still in pain from the incident at the fair. I checked my back to make sure I didn't tear any stitches loose, thankfully not. I re-bandaged it as best as I could and started getting ready.

I used the bathroom, brushed my teeth and hair. Then went back into my room, I put on a loose red Tommy Hilfiger shirt and light wash jeans. I threw on my socks and started applying light makeup. Once finished, I grabbed my white sneakers and threw them on. I didn't bother with my hair and decided to let it go natural.

I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs to find Belch. "Hey Katie bug, want some breakfast?" I was greeted by my Nan. "Um, yeah just some toast and jam is fine." She had already made toast and got the jam out, she lightly spread it on it and handed it to me. "There you go sweetie" "thanks" I smiled. "Do you need me to work today?" I questioned her, "No, no, no! I don't want you working while you're hurt! We'll manage fine without you." She three her hands up and shook her head. I nodded, "hey Nan, where's Reg? He said he wanted me to meet him downstairs." She pointed towards the garage, "he's out there with your grandad" I finished my toast and grabbed my bag walking outside.

"Bug! Hey I wanna show you something!" I was instantly greeted by my brother. "Hey, what is it?" Him and my grandad were both grinning from ear to ear. "So you know how I've been working on grandad's Firebird?" I nodded recalling him nonstop working to get that beauty fixed. "Check this out" he walked over, sat down putting the key in the ignition, starting it right up. "Oh my god, you fixed it!" It purred like a kitten. "I sure did.... for you." He smiled at me, "what?" I stared back confused. "I'm giving the ole gal to you bug, I know how much you love this car, I want you to have it." My grandad walked over and hugged me. "Really?! It's mine?!" I squealed in excitement. "Yes!" They both said in unison. "Oh my god! I can't wait to show Maddy and Henry!" Still mentioning Henry's name slightly irritated Reg. "Um, you should– you should go pick him up today." He hesitated, but I only smiled and nodded. "I'll get Maddy, I'll have to go that way to get Victor anyways." "Thank you, both of you." I ran over and hopped in. Taking in the musky car scent, I threw the seatbelt over me and put it in drive and started making my way over to Henry's.

Henry's POV

  I woke up and rolled over checking my alarm clock, "Fuck!" I grumbled realizing I'm going to be late, especially since Belch probably won't pick me up. I sprang out of bed, my brace catching on the sheet tripping me, my body tumbling to the floor. I flung it loose and shot up. Thank god I showered last night, I'd be even more late if I would've waited until this morning. I quickly put on my deodorant, fumbling through my drawers for something to wear. I grabbed an olive green long sleeve shirt and pulled the sleeves up. I threw on some dark pants and socks, struggling to get my leg brace off and back on. I sprayed myself with cologne and grabbed my boots, well a boot. I quickly shuffled to the bathroom fixing my hair and brushing my teeth. Soon, I heard a loud roaring car. It didn't sound like Belch's car. I went downstairs and outside to find it was in fact not Belch. Upon further inspection I noticed it was actually Kate. She looked stunning sitting in the driver seat of that incredible car.