Prologue

Prologue

Running isn't easy when you're not used to being chased by guards and villagers.

I've been running from these dimwitted people for years. Not once was I ever caught, simply because I was smarter and stronger than what they think of me as.

I laughed loudly as I ran down the street, my black hair flying behind me through the wind that welcomingly smacked my face lightly. I was grinning from ear to ear, though I had a black mask concealing my nose and mouth. My black attire was what usually brought people to caution as they instantly know that it's me.

I glanced behind me with a smirk on my face as I watched the guards try to gain speed to catch me.

Suddenly, I heard a man's voice yelling "HEY!" before I tumbled down on the harsh concrete ground with a person pinning me down. My stolen block of cheese rolled out of my hands and tumbled into the forest's depths, causing me to frown.

I huffed and grunted before I looked up and smirked as I saw who was holding me down. "Well, well, if it isn't Charming himself, or should I call you King David?"

The Prince momentarily loosened his grip on me as he stared at me with a shocked expression on his face, which then gave me the opportunity to push him off me and I stood up, ready to run again, but stopped as I heard the sound of someone pulling an arrow into their quiver.

I turned my head and glared at the Queen.

"Don't try to run, thief. I never miss a target." Snow White threatened as she tightened her grip on the arrow. About ten guards formed a circle around Snow, David and I.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh please, like you out of all people would have the guts to kill."

"I don't, but I can hurt you." Snow replied cockily and I snorted.

Soon enough, two guards forcefully pushed me down on my knees and I grunted as I felt my knees get sliced open. They instantly pulled away my weapons from me and held on to me, knowing that I could still manage to escape.

The Prince then walked up to me with a glare and said. "I am Prince James."

I rolled my eyes. "I know who you really are, Charming. You're just Jame's twin brother David. You don't have to lie to me." I grinned toothily before the Prince angrily snatched my mask off and I scowled at him menacingly.

He sighed in content as Snow White walked up beside him with a smile.

"Now everyone can finally see what Elisa Emerson actually looks like, during her execution ceremony." He stated with a triumphant smile and I glared at them both, before I spat at the ground in front of them.

"You all are nothing but fake role models. I pity whoever supports scumbags like you." I said before a guard knocked me at the back of my head and I blacked out.

****

I woke up in a dark cell, alone with just a cup of water in front of me. I rolled my eyes.

"How generous." I muttered sarcastically before I reached for the water and groaned loudly when I saw that both my wrists were tied together in front of me.

"Are you serious right now?! You give me a cup of water and expect me to be able to drink it with both my hands tied down?!" I yelled loudly to make sure that the men guarding my cell would hear me.

"Shut up, thief. You're only here temporarily until your execution ceremony is ready."

I stood up and walked towards the cell's bars and smiled at one of the guards.