Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I was practically straddling Pan as I held the sides of his face as I stared at him wide eyed and beyond terrified.

His eyebrows were crafted into a natural frown that made him seem like he was feeling troubled - though I was not even sure if he was feeling anything at the moment.

His long eyelashes brushed against his cheeks as his eyes remained closed, preventing anyone from seeing the all too famous forest green irises.

His fawn hair was covered in dust and dirt and was dishevelled. He needed a shower, that was for sure. My eyes travelled down to his bloody thigh. The guilt rushed into my system and I felt the urge to vomit.

Suddenly, Pan's eyes shot open and started vigorously coughing. I let go of his face and got off him as I inspected him hesitantly.

"Are you okay?" I asked warily as I felt a headache crawl it's way into my head and make itself at home.

"How many Basil leaves did you put in the potion?" He croaked.

"...two?" I spoke more of a question than an answer.

Pan groaned loudly in pain as he clutched his wounded thigh delicately.

"You bloody airhead. I specifically told you three damn basil leaves!" Pan scolded me and I scowled at him in response.

"Well you're fucking alive now, aren't you?" I snapped.

"Alive but in pain." He gritted his teeth. "That third leaf was supposed to numb the process of the healing."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't be a baby."

Pan only glared at me as a response because he was too exhausted to speak.

I looked around us in the dark forest as the moon shone above our heads.

"It's too dark to see things around here. We need to make a fire." I stated and stood up to get some firewood.

"There's no point. We're going back to camp right now anyway." Pan spoke as he attempted to get up but winced in pain.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him back down.

"You're too weak to walk. We camp here for the night then we get back in the morning." I spoke sternly and turned around to walk away but Pan interrupted me.

"How dare you touch me?!"

I spun around my heel as I stared at Pan's moonlit face.

"I should have just left you to die!" I yelled.

We both stayed quiet for a couple of seconds, the tension around us feeding on our fury towards one another.

"Why didn't you?" He asked in a low voice, his eyes never leaving mine.

"What?"

"Why didn't you leave me to die? I did kidnap you and force you to be one of us after all."

I sighed and dropped back down to the floor, facing Pan as I grabbed at the grass beneath us and ripping the plant out - a bad habit I got used to due to my many years spent alone in the Enchanted Forest.

"Don't flatter yourself, Pan. You're my ticket back home, and I can't let you die if I want to escape this god damn island."

Pan laughed ridiculously at me. "Home? Tell me, Elisa, did you feel like you belonged and were welcomed in the Enchanted Forest?"

I frowned as I stared at Pan's shoes absentmindedly.

"Of course not. It's hell there because I was always on the run."