Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

I sat alone on Pan's bed as he left the hut to address some orders for Felix so that he'd take over for a while.

After I spilled my secrets and past life to Pan, he only smiled sadly at me and brought me into him and hugged me with so much passion, and that was all I needed really.

He was my new home, my new family and my new life. The Lost Boys and him were all I needed.

"Can you actually believe that Connor almost set the camp on fire while cooking?" Pan's English accent greeted me as he reappeared in the hut and he entered his bedroom.

I laughed. "Oh, I most certainly can, though I must admit, that is a bit extreme, even for Connor."

Pan laughed lightly as he sat down beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

I sighed and rested my head on his chest.

"Are we gonna be alright?" I asked softly.

Pan looked down at me in surprise.

"Of course we will, Elisa. We all will."

I looked up at him worriedly. "I'm sorry, it's just that it's hard to believe that when I know that your life is on the line."

Pan pursed his lips and ran his fingers through my hair soothingly as he slightly rubbed my scalp.

"When have you ever doubted me, love? Peter Pan never fails."

I smiled widely at his signature remark and I placed my hand on his cheek.

"Peter Pan never fails." I whispered and placed my lips on his.

Pan wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I broke the kiss and grinned at him. "So when do you reckon Connor is -"

"OI ! DINNER IS READY AND I AM WARNING YOU NOW! IT IS HALF BURNT!"

Connor's screams echoed around camp and Pan and I looked at each other for a moment before we burst out laughing.

I started to pull myself away from Pan, but he only pushed me back against him.

"And where do you think you're going?" He whispered seductively into my ear and kissed my temple softly.

I smiled and titled my head towards him, kissing his cheek.

"I'm starving." I stated before I quickly left Pan's side before he could grab me and he groaned loudly.

"Why can't we ever share any intimate moments?"

I laughed loudly as I watched him lazily get off his bed.

"There are five other boys at camp, Pan. Of course we won't have any private encounters."

Pan rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, interlacing our fingers together and causing me to grin.

We walked out of Pan's hut side by side as we approached the boys who eagerly tore at the hog's flesh and meat and viciously consumed it, just like a bunch of untamed animals.

But we didn't have to be tamed. We could be whatever we wanted, because that's the whole point of being in Neverland.

What's the point of living in Neverland if we are to behave in one certain way that deprived us from actually living?

"Boys." Pan greeted the Lost Boys as he and I sat on one log together.

I smiled at everyone and leaned forward and tore off a chunk of meat and idly nibbled at it quietly.