Chapter Twenty Eight

-Peter Pan's POV-

I gasped as the pain shot through my spine and caused me to sway slightly as my eyes drooped shut. My wrists were tied up with a metal chain hung above my head and I was left to dangle in the air, my feet only hovering above the ground.

"Come on, Pan. We're only getting started." Hades spoke in mock disappointment and I fought the urge to spit on the man standing in front of me who was holding a metal pole and battered me with it for what felt like ages now since my arrival in the Underworld.

"Why aren't you fighting back? You used to be really tough when you were alive." Hades mused curiously as he stepped closer to me.

I barely had enough energy to look at him, and so he planted his palm against my throat and started to choke me.

"Answer my question." He growled as I gasped for breath.

Once he let go, I violently coughed and spat out blood on the floor beneath me.

"People change when they die." I spoke weakly and Hades laughed.

"No, trust me, they don't. You've only gotten soft – because of that girl, Elisa Emerson."

My head suddenly snapped up and I glared at him with so much hatred and fury.

"Don't mention her name on your foul tongue." I spoke scornfully and he smirked.

"My, my, Pan – she really has changed you! I wonder what would happen if she died too. I will certainly have a special treat for her when she arrives here." He spoke with a grin and I found myself smirking at him.

His eyes narrowed at me when he saw my expression and I soon started to laugh weakly with whatever energy I could muster up.

"What? What is it? Why are you laughing?" He snapped at me in annoyance and demanded an answer.

"She won't be coming here at all, Hades." I spoke, a grin on my face, although I was in so much pain – physical pain, as well as mental pain for the love of my life.

"She has to. What nonsense are you talking about? She's done so many terrible deeds; she has to come here at some point!" He yelled.

I smiled at him in success. "Ah, but she found a way to escape death after my murder. When I die, so does Neverland, and everything alive on that island will evaporate into thin air and will cease to exist in this world – it will be like they were never born in the first place."

Hades' face darkened and he groaned angrily and approached me quickly with the metal bar.

"You will pay for this!" He roared and slammed the metal bar against me, but to both of our alarm, the metal bar went right through me and I felt nothing at all.

I frowned and looked up at Hades, who was staring at me in shock.

"What just happened?" I asked.

Hades frowned deeply and pulled the metal bar away from me before he slammed it against me again, but once again, it went right through me.

"What the hell?" Hades murmured as he stared at me perplexedly.

I looked down at my body and gasped lightly. My body was starting to fade away and my eyes widened and I looked up at Hades.

"How ... what ... is this part of your torturous plot against me or ...?" I asked quizzically and Hades looked at me in panic.

"No! It's not! What the hell is happening to you?!" He shot.