Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

-Peter Pan's POV-

After we confirmed Henry's unconsciousness, as he was fast asleep in one of the initially vacant huts, the Lost Boys, Elisa and I quickly gathered around the scorching bonfire and spoke in hushed whispers, keeping our secrets within the boundaries of our formed circle and disallowing any intruder from eavesdropping.

"Here is what we will do." I whispered, as everyone leaned forwards slightly to listen to me attentively and vividly.

"Jake and Jason – you guys will stay behind here in camp to look after Henry. Make sure he never leaves your sight and make sure that he does not get any suspicions of our whereabouts and what we intend on doing. No matter what happens, it is imperative that you keep Henry within the parameters of camp until our return. Is that clear?" I addressed Jason and Jake and awaited their retort.

Both boys nodded eagerly and spoke in quiet unison, "Yes!"

"Good." I nodded in endorsement then shifted my attention to the rest of my beloved, true family to assign their tasks.

"The rest of us are going to capture Henry's family – all of them – whether they are blood related or not, we will capture everyone and anyone on this island who is trying to find him. We can't risk any interruptions or altercations during the ritual. Agreed?" I asked.

"Agreed." They confirmed.

"Alright, after that is over with, we are going to captivate our prisoners in the bamboo cages along with Keith – " I paused and cautiously glanced at Elisa, in fear of me striking a nerve. The last thing I want is to hurt Elisa's feelings; she's far too precious to be mistreated.

Elisa simply cracked a small simper, for she knew that my intention wasn't to offend her, and I immediately felt myself relax after her gesture.

"All of you will then guard our prisoners, and finally, Elisa and I will then come to Jake and Jason and we will take Henry. Jake and Jason – you may then join the others to keep a close eye on the prisoners. Elisa and I will take Henry to Skull Rock and perform the ritual, and soon enough, Neverland will no longer be in danger and our lives will not be at stake. Is the plan clear to everyone?" I apprehensively shifted my sharp gaze on every Lost Boy's face and finally, our Lost Girl and they all appeared to be quite confident as the nodded their heads.

Elisa placed her soft, delicate hand on my arm and I snapped my full attention of the love of my life. I smiled fretfully. Elisa beamed at me encouragingly and gave my arm a gentle squeeze.

"Relax, will you? We got this, Pan – you'll see." She whispered quietly to me as everyone else shifted and started conversing among themselves to pass some time away before we initiated our plan.

"Peter." I stated softly.

Elisa's eyes widened at me and her mouth was set agape slightly. She alarmingly stared at me, questionably as she waited for an elaboration.

"You may call me Peter." I whispered to her.

She frowned but let out a small, soft laugh. "Peter? But why now of all times, must I call you by your first name?" she quieried.

I sighed indifferently. "My father was the one who named me. Peter Pan, he would say. He said it gave the world a melody, that my name that he crafted was an art that was meant to be cherished and appreciated." I sullenly spoke.

Elisa furrowed her perfectly shaped eyebrows at me. "And yet you sound troubled." She stated hesitantly, yet knowingly.

I pursed my lips as I clenched my fists angrily, fixating my glare on the blazing fire in front of us.